Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Purchase your Wyoming points >

Purchase your Wyoming points

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Purchase your Wyoming points

Old 10-25-2019, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be willing to place a small bet on this one. The bet I would offer would be: I would put up one U.S. dollar and you would put up a shiny U.S. nickel, all winnings to be placed in a Salvation Army kettle. I do hope you get the answer you want but unfortunately I doubt it. Please post the result of your inquiry.

I do not think most fellows realize how much they will be forfeiting if they ever want a "good" tag in WY and they did not think to bank a handful of points. Three or four points gets a fellow in a much better unit for elk, deer, or pronghorns, and of course it takes more points to get into one of the "premium" units. WY is not as bad as Colorado where the best units are becoming almost a once-in-a-lifetime draw. It is a sad state of affairs but those are the facts that we must all face if we want to hunt our public land in some states.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Some further reading on the Wyoming site and I finally found the answer we both expected.

. Youth can apply for preference points when they are 11 years old at the time of submitting a preference point only application and must be at least 12 years old by December 31 of that year.

So the most a youth can build up would be one point before being eligible to hunt.

-Jake