Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Colorado elk back door to the back door is open >

Colorado elk back door to the back door is open

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado elk back door to the back door is open

Old 05-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Spike

Did both methods mentioned above.

From flags method, I show a 3 digit code starting with a 4 for me elk tag, apparently meaning I didn't draw the tag.

From Tx method, It appears my points are zeroed out, indicating a drew the tag.

Guess I'll see here in 10 days.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, the fact that there is nothing when you check under "licenses on file" just means they haven't uploaded the data to that area yet. That 3 digit code is for your elk app, and that has been there since you applied. The tag code is in addition to that code and tends to lag behind the points update. And they don't "officially" have the preference points listed, you have to get the back door of that back door.

If you really have 0 points, under elk 2014, then your drew your first choice.

And the points will only tell you if you drew a first choice, not if you drew a 2nd choice, you have to wait for the official back door to know that.

Last edited by txhunter58; 05-20-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by txhunter58
No, the fact that there is nothing when you check under "licenses on file" just means they haven't uploaded the data to that area yet. That 3 digit code is for your elk app, and that has been there since you applied. The tag code is in addition to that code and tends to lag behind the points update. And they don't "officially" have the preference points listed, you have to get the back door of that back door.

If you really have 0 points, under elk 2014, then your drew your first choice.

And the points will only tell you if you drew a first choice, not if you drew a 2nd choice, you have to wait for the official back door to know that.
Ah, misunderstood the way listed with the 3 digit code then.

Indeed, when I view frame source on the pending points section, it shows my elk points as 0 for 2014. So I drew my first choice. Good times
Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is now showing a 581 tag when you do the method Flags mentioned. That changed since this morning when I had nothing. That verifies I drew a bull tag!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Mine is now showing a 581 tag when you do the method Flags mentioned. That changed since this morning when I had nothing. That verifies I drew a bull tag!
Yep. If it shows a 3 digit code beginning in 5 that means you pulled the tag. Good on Ya. I show a 562 code for antelope which means I got a buck tag for unit 12 since that is all I put in for for antelope. Unfortunately, I show a 480 under elk which means my 19 points still didn't get me a resident bull tag (actually it is an either sex tag) for Unit 2. Maybe next year.

Guess it is time to start sighting in the 6.5x55 Swedish, my favorite antelope rifle. Haven't gone after pronghorns for about 4 years.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Well I got my 4th deer tag to bad I will be deployed. If I don't get my second coice for elk I will only be hunting bear. Guess there is always next year
Old 05-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Success for elk, deer, and bear.

I did it all with no points.