Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Recovering a BIG Black Bear >

Recovering a BIG Black Bear

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Recovering a BIG Black Bear

Old 12-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no desire to hunt whitetail, bear or coyote anywhere else. It means 10x more when I succeed on my own property. I would go out of state for critters we don't have here. I have hunted the Northwest Territories for caribou. That was spot and stalk. Although, I didn't have to stalk too close with a rifle.

I'd like to try pronghorn sometime and a moose is on the bucket list. But for most of my hunting, I love being on my property. Whether I'm successful or not. My trail cams tell me I should keep at it because there are big bucks hiding in that cover.

Over the years, we've been planting some white oaks, a few apple trees and some food plots. We take pride in our land and it rewards us if we work hard enough at it. We planted a small turnip plot and my 11 year old boy was able to get a buck and a doe hunting near that plot. That made my season right there. And us getting a bear this year am the whole camp helping to drag it out of the swamp and through the clear cut. That's what hunting is all about to me.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

308 congrats on your success that you have built, how big was your bear?
RR
Old 12-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
my reading comprehension is fine, you my friend constantly make those kinds of posts then when called out start dancing around.
say what you mean, mean what you say or don't post, its that simple, it wasn't this thread, it wasn't this week, its been going on ever since you showed up here, your from Colorado, you know nothing about hunting in the east, especialy in the mountainous regions of the east, yet knowing anything doesn't matter does it.
RR
You're a funny guy. I've stated many times I was born, and brought up in Mass hunting. I also went back there to get married, and was there for another 8 years hunting. I'm not from Colorado. I came here to hunt every year, but moved here only 10 years ago.

You're right though. I know nothing about hunting the east.

Give up while you're behind. You're reading comprehension is constantly getting you in trouble.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

no I'm not funny, I post what you say as you say it, then you come back saying I was wrong you meant it like this, why not cut the BS and say what you mean mean what you say or don't say nothing.......then you would have no reason to argue
now you big kick is you grew up in mass, ok fine is mass just like pa or wv? if I make 3 points in a post directed at you why not try at least addressing them instead of bringing up something that hasn't been brought up.
you wanna P&M that's fine at least hold up your side
what does getting married in mass have to do with hunting in pa or Colorado?
I don't care where you been, what you did after 41 years in the woods I know what works and what don't, I know whats easy and whats hard in my terrain anyways, but you seem to think you know better.......careful now
RR
Old 12-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read post #33, and then just go away.

Stop accusing me, because you can't understand English.

I don't want to argue. You do, but you have no point. So, i've lost interest in you.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

This is getting totally off topic.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's true, but I believe how to get out a big bear has been answered.

I think the best way is to be careful where you shoot one.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bbj270
This is getting totally off topic.
It's like watching the Jerry Springer show.
This is good stuff........
Old 12-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bear was around 300lbs. Not a monster, but a b!tch to get out of the woods just the same.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic that shows what our property looks like, for the most part. We're standing on a logging road, looking at the area we are going to spot and stalk.
Attached Thumbnails Recovering a BIG Black Bear-2010-hunt.jpg  

Last edited by BarnesX.308; 12-13-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.