HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Recovering a BIG Black Bear
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 05:27 PM
BarnesX.308
Nontypical Buck

I have no desire to hunt whitetail, bear or coyote anywhere else. It means 10x more when I succeed on my own property. I would go out of state for critters we don't have here. I have hunted the Northwest Territories for caribou. That was spot and stalk. Although, I didn't have to stalk too close with a rifle.

I'd like to try pronghorn sometime and a moose is on the bucket list. But for most of my hunting, I love being on my property. Whether I'm successful or not. My trail cams tell me I should keep at it because there are big bucks hiding in that cover.

Over the years, we've been planting some white oaks, a few apple trees and some food plots. We take pride in our land and it rewards us if we work hard enough at it. We planted a small turnip plot and my 11 year old boy was able to get a buck and a doe hunting near that plot. That made my season right there. And us getting a bear this year am the whole camp helping to drag it out of the swamp and through the clear cut. That's what hunting is all about to me.