Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Recovering a BIG Black Bear >

Recovering a BIG Black Bear

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Recovering a BIG Black Bear

Old 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez, glad that little tiff is over Actually Pete, I have to go along with RR on this one, as it did sound like in a lot of your posts that you were being negative towards the way people were saying they hunted and telling them they could/should do like you are always saying your favorite method of hunting is on various threads. Maybe that's not the way you think or intended, but that's the way it did sound to some of us.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, actually, I don't want anybody hunting like me. That would put them in the timber where I am.

As I tried to explain. When someone says they can only hunt one way. I try and point out there may be other ways they can try. I'd prefer they just say they hunt a certain way, because they like it, and it's what they want to do. I never say a peep when they do that. I might say i'm not a fan of a certain methods, but that doesn't mean i'm telling anybody to do it my way.

I understand that still hunting is not a popular way to hunt, and I don't try to talk anybody into doing it. If it sounds like I am. It wasn't my intention.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
No, actually, I don't want anybody hunting like me. That would put them in the timber where I am.

As I tried to explain. When someone says they can only hunt one way. I try and point out there may be other ways they can try. I'd prefer they just say they hunt a certain way, because they like it, and it's what they want to do. I never say a peep when they do that. I might say i'm not a fan of a certain methods, but that doesn't mean i'm telling anybody to do it my way.

I understand that still hunting is not a popular way to hunt, and I don't try to talk anybody into doing it. If it sounds like I am. It wasn't my intention.
You could try using your hunting skills instead of a dogs, or bait.
yep this is what that is, he's not talking down to anyone, WTH is so tough about still hunting, easiest form of hunting there is, get the wind in your face and take 2 steps and wait 6. WTH does it matter if they can only hunt a certain way, or they want to hunt a certain way, give'em an attaboy cause they are one of us and be happy about it.
the more he posts the harder it gets to digest
RR
Old 12-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

You mean the way you just told me the way I hunt is the easiest way to hunt. Is that how I should act? Thanks for the tip.

btw How come i read all the time that still hunting is the most difficult way to hunt. Probably why is isn't more popular. Do you think it's not popular, because it too easy for everybody?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

typical muley response, he could stand between Christ and a fence post and argue with both if they didn't agree with him, then swear up and down he was just explaining.
OK muley, let me have it, what is so diffacult about still hunting?
wind in face....step..........step........look for one minute
RR

however you never answered the question, why it matters so much to you how others hunt, besides its different from the way you do it, so therefore it appears its not right
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 12-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been out a lot this year and if it wasn't for bait Id never see a bear...Ive seen more moose than elk this hunting season and more deer than anything else...
Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I could spot and stalk or still hunt where I hunt because I get bored and cold sitting in a tree stand. But it's thick where I hunt and we spook more than we see. In the overgrown clear cuts, blueberry and laurel thickets, you're not going to see a critter before it heard you coming. There are some open areas on bordering state game land, but big game do not hang out here because there is no food or cover there. Just mature maples and ferns.

It is what it is. This is where I hunt because it's our land, I grew up hunting there and I love it.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
typical muley response, he could stand between Christ and a fence post and argue with both if they didn't agree with him, then swear up and down he was just explaining.
OK muley, let me have it, what is so diffacult about still hunting?
wind in face....step..........step........look for one minute
RR

however you never answered the question, why it matters so much to you how others hunt, besides its different from the way you do it, so therefore it appears its not right
RR

I'm going to give you an example of why you don't understand what I say.

I said to 308..."You could try using your hunting skills instead of a dogs, or bait."

You took that as me looking down on him. Wrong slick!

I was acknowledging that he had other skills, and why doesn't he try them. That is not looking down on him, but suggesting he try another way.

Now, if I was really looking down on him like you suggest. I would have said.

"You might as well hunt from a tree, because you have no hunting skills"

Is it hard for you to see the difference? I run into guys like you on forums all the time. You claim I said something, because it's what you want to read. Either that, or you don't understand what people say.

As for your claim that still hunting is easy. It just shows your ignorance to the method. You seem to think it's just taking a step, and looking around. Why don't you go try that, and see how it works out for you.
It's like me telling you that long range shooting is easy, because all you do is sit on your butt glassing. Pretty silly when you just look at one small part of a hunting method eh?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I wish I could spot and stalk or still hunt where I hunt because I get bored and cold sitting in a tree stand. But it's thick where I hunt and we spook more than we see. In the overgrown clear cuts, blueberry and laurel thickets, you're not going to see a critter before it heard you coming. There are some open areas on bordering state game land, but big game do not hang out here because there is no food or cover there. Just mature maples and ferns.

It is what it is. This is where I hunt because it's our land, I grew up hunting there and I love it.
I didn't know you were just hunting your own property. I said nothing after you mentioned that. Have you thought of going to other areas?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

my reading comprehension is fine, you my friend constantly make those kinds of posts then when called out start dancing around.
say what you mean, mean what you say or don't post, its that simple, it wasn't this thread, it wasn't this week, its been going on ever since you showed up here, your from Colorado, you know nothing about hunting in the east, especialy in the mountainous regions of the east, yet knowing anything doesn't matter does it.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.