Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry for your troubles Buffybr. I hate scumbag swindler businesses like the one you ran into. But, you have to admit, they are everywhere. I am glad Big O took care of you.

Gents, we need to let this thing run its legal course. Rest assured, the good people of Colorado are fighting this-from many levels. Apply for your tags (application due date is by April 2nd). If by the time the hunting season rolls around, and things are not to your satisfaction, then return your license(s) for a full refund. This is a very doable solution to the problem at hand.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

On another forum someone wrote "If you think your business is going to take a 50% revenue hit, then you should move your business elsewhere". Wise words indeed. But a little unrealistic and impractical for many people.

But the truth of the matter is, by boycotting all of Colorado some people may be looking at taking a 50% hit to their businesses, businesses which did not support this bill to begin with.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Spike

I've read this site off and on for a while. This post motivated me to finally join...

I am a 4th generation Colorado native. Life long hunter. I work for the Division of Wildlife (Colorado Parks and Wildlife). I support without compromise our natural right to bear arms.

First and foremost, I frequently take a firearm with magazine capacities exceeding 15rds hiking, camping, etc. I possess them for defense. Weather I am at home or in the back country it's the same. Anyone who says you don't need more than 15 rounds for defense has never had to fight for their life against armed assailants. FYI it ain't like the movies. I have bullet fragments next to my spine. The aching back I wake up with on cold days reminds me to thank God for the 2nd amendment because without it I would not be alive. Anyone who uses the term "reasonable" in reference to gun control has been brainwashed by the liberal media. Criminals do not care what the law says. Gun control only harms the just. If you don't agree with the 2nd amendment, please move to England or Australia instead of contributing to the demise of the last free nation on Earth.

As for boycotting. The most appropriate action would be to boycott liberal industries that support these violations of our rights. Boycotting hunting will hurt many who oppose these infringements. My salary is funded to a large degree by hunters. As is the livelihood of many in peripheral industries and businesses. None the less, if you feel compelled to boycott hunting in Colorado I support you. People are lazy. Many don't vote. If their jobs are at stake they will be much more motivate both to vote and investigate who they are voting for. Either way, you need to make it known why you are not spending your money here.

My family has an annual reunion which includes rafting. The family which owns the rafting company are hippies complete with Obama stickers on their vehicles. We called and cancelled our reservation this year and I made it abundantly clear as to why. The lodge we stay at is run by a family of liberty loving good 'ol boys. One of them even spoke at the Judiciary committee hearings. We are keeping that reservation and will find another activity. We are also expressing to them our gratitude for their efforts. I have written multiple letters of thanks to those who oppose these laws including the Sheriffs, Magpul, and state reps.

I am expecting a backlash in 2014. Far too many have been asleep at the wheel. This assault on our rights has lit a fire under the butts of many. The liberals know this is coming. Thus the reason they are also passing laws such as "in state tuition for illegal aliens" and "civil unions". They don't care about these people beyond their vote and are merely attempting to attract more democratic voters to the state in hopes of countering the backlash. Long term if things don't change we will move to WY, but we're not leaving without a fight and the fight has just begun.

Do what your conscience calls you to do.

MOLON LABE!

Last edited by Bighorn Bill; 03-24-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

Bighorn Bill, Welcome to the Forum, and good post!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Bighorn welcome. Thanks for your input.

But I have to disagree, the average run of the mill citizen does not need a 15+ capacity magazine in a pistol. In a warzone we are only allowed a 15 round pistol magazine. If you're talking about assault rifles, then yes we in a warzone need a 30 round magazine. But keep in mind, this is a warzone where people are actively trying to kill us. It is the same for you, though maybe the daily dangers aren't the same, you've evidenced being shot at, haven't completed read the law as I skipped through some of the boring parts. But is there no exception to LEO in this bill?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Bighorn, I also welcome you

Like you I also support our right to bear arms. However,
I'm also a realist. Hunters are outnumbered whether
We like it or not and I don't like it but that doesn't
Change reality. I also take young people hunting
Whenever I can, but I know that no matter how
Many I take there will be many more that never
Get to experience hunting or understand what
It's all about. We are a minority, like it or not
And that sad fact is as time passes we will
Continue to be a smaller and smaller segment
Or the population .

We can go to that future fighting every inch of the
Way or we can decide as I have to look at this
Issue "reasonably" and fight when I feel that
Something is going to seriously impact what I
Love --- my ability to hunt with what most
People would consider a hunting weapon.

That's my point of view, I understand that not
All hunters will share that point of view and
I certainly respect everyone's right to their
Own point of view.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Spike

Are you aware of how England and Australia lost their firearms? It was incremental reactionary laws to isolated incidents. According to this new law any magazine capable of being modified to accept more than 15 rounds is illegal. With the advent of 3D printers that includes almost every magazine. So almost all detachable magazines are now technically illegal besides those already owned prior to this coming July. You can keep your gun, but it's just an expensive club without a magazine. There go your 15 rounds. You think this was accidental?

Here in the US, cities with the strictest gun laws have some of the highest crime rates. Fact is you can make all the laws you want. If some nutjob wants to murder a bunch of people they will find a way. Oklahoma city? Heck, a man in China killed 67 people with garden tools. Firearms are an equalizer against stronger or more numerous assailants. Limiting their capability and availability only harms law abiding citizens.

Civilians lack the training of LEO and military therefore capacity is more important. It's possible to go to thunder ranch or similar places and train. However a high level of efficiency and accuracy under stress requires constant training. That is difficult in regard to both time and money for people who work and have a family. They still have the natural right to defend themselves by the best means possible.

Limits on capacity.... What does that accomplish? Just about anything someone wants is available on the street. Won't stop someone with murderous intent. It will stop law abiding citizens who fear prosecution. It may cost the life of that citizen when they fumble the reload under stress. My cousin has cerebral palsy which severely affects the left half of her body. It's difficult for her to shoot a long gun. She's not very accurate with any firearm and it takes her a very long time to reload. A Glock with a 30rd mag helps against some of her disadvantages. As for your fully able average Joe.. 3 men on a BLM road would have ended my life if I didn't have a Ranch Rifle behind the seat of my truck. The 7 shots in my 1911 were insufficient. I'm not Rambo.

Why should the ability of law abiding citizens to protect themselves be limited because of a few random psychos? Why punish the dog for something the cat did? You may be willing to give up your rights. Most of us aren't and we will fight you tooth and nail. If we lose, we'll simply move to a state that respects liberty and you'll be left with a liberal outhouse resembling California. I love hunting too, but I value liberty more.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome BB and I'd like to say that you couldn't be more correct in both of your posts. The two posters prior to your second one need to get their heads out of their behinds with the thinkingthat giving up one or two things that they "THINK" won't affect them or the majority of common people is no big deal. It's exactly that mentality as to why the UK, Australia, and other countries no longer have the freedom to bear arms. That is why the NRA is so upfront that they will not give an inch because they know that the antis will make that into a mile if given enough time!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

A11en
You can't read can you let alone comprhend what others have put to paper .....nobody is sayin .....we give up!! they are sayin by boucotting CO. you are tellin the ANTI's they have won...also stated here the CO. gun owners have not given up as stated in all posts except yours!!!!!!! turnin tainl and runnin is the cowards way out... a real man would be contacting the CO. lawmakers and making your stand known to them..... here yer just preacin to the choir.... there ain't any one here ready to roll over and give up except you!!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

BB, good post and welcome.

I don't care if the OP is right or wrong in boycotting Colorado. I respect him for doing SOMETHING. He is going with his gut and is trying to right a wrong. Just the fact that he started this thread is a very good thing. Heck, it got Bighorn Bill to join and post.

A11en, good post and good hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.