Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ky. elk

Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ky. elk

I seen the boys from the Bone Collectors show hunting elk in Ky. on tv last night. How in the world did 2 people from the same show end up with bull tags at the same time when from what I understand these are almost once in a lifetime draws?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Payola.......
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

They said landowner tags.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kentucky issues what they call "Landowner Cooperative Bull Tags" to ones who have over 5,000 acres of private property and they can do what they wish with them. It's all politics and greed and now one top guy is proposing they drop it down to landowners with 1,000 acres. They will have it to where the lottery draw just keeps getting a lower and lower percentage of allocated tags and it will be like a lot of the western states where the haves buy their way to an animal.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

i followed up with the landowner that they purchased their tags from and it is $9500 for the tag which i believe gets you hunting rights on their property. no guides included in that price. their elk looked great but not that great for me to fish in that kind of money.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
car
Typical Buck

Very interesting, thanks Topgun.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

It all just disgusts me. I dont think these so called pro hunter tv personallities do the normal sportsmen any favers.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Spike

Default Im sorry I won the lottery

I won a cow tag for the second cow season. I downloaded all the maps and info the fish and game provides. I drove to the unit I was selected to hunt to scout over the thankgiving weekend. After that trip I decided to go with an outfitter as I wasn't comfortable with my limited knowledge of the area. It was expensive but the outfitter put me on a cow I harvested the first morning. Good experience until fish and game served a summons to me last Saturday morning at my home. I was charged with trespassing,and illegally harvesting an elk. I have to appear in Knott Co court Tuesday morning. I have written emails to several people involved in the elk program with the fish and game department,left voicemails,talked to someone that assurred my her boss would return my calls. No response has come from anyone. I feel I tryed to do the right thing and hire an outfitter because I was unfamiliar with the area. He is charged also,but cant fathom why im being charged. Ill never apply again,and if you get chosen,be aware this could happen to you.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's up to YOU to know where you're at when in the field and just trusting someone else obviously got you into trouble. It's sure taken the F&G long enough to charge you, but if you were on private property and they can prove it, you may want to hire a lawyer to try and at least prove it wasn't intentional! Why can't you fathom that you were charged? You just stated YOU shot the elk and if it was on private property YOU were the violator with the more serious of the charges. The outiftter is probably just being charged with trespassing. Are you aware that the one charge may get you a loss of hunting priviledges for one or more years and that could lead to it being upheld in approximately 40 states since Kentucky is one of the states in the Wildlife Violator Compact Act and they all share wildlife violations among each other to enforce the Act? Good luck on this one, as you''l need it!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-24-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Spike

Default reply to top gun

Thank you for your perspective top gun. I hired the outfitter to put me in a legal area to shoot the elk as i had no idea where i was. Maybe that was my mistake was trusting the outfitter. My only thought would be, when you go with a guide in alaska or another area youve never been, how do you make sure you are where you are legal? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.