HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ky. elk
Thread: Ky. elk
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM
pheasant1414
Spike

Default Im sorry I won the lottery

I won a cow tag for the second cow season. I downloaded all the maps and info the fish and game provides. I drove to the unit I was selected to hunt to scout over the thankgiving weekend. After that trip I decided to go with an outfitter as I wasn't comfortable with my limited knowledge of the area. It was expensive but the outfitter put me on a cow I harvested the first morning. Good experience until fish and game served a summons to me last Saturday morning at my home. I was charged with trespassing,and illegally harvesting an elk. I have to appear in Knott Co court Tuesday morning. I have written emails to several people involved in the elk program with the fish and game department,left voicemails,talked to someone that assurred my her boss would return my calls. No response has come from anyone. I feel I tryed to do the right thing and hire an outfitter because I was unfamiliar with the area. He is charged also,but cant fathom why im being charged. Ill never apply again,and if you get chosen,be aware this could happen to you.