Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, but some hunters are idiots. I won't associate with them just because they're hunters. It has nothing to do with pumping myself up.

I think you're both being naive.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Sorry, but some hunters are idiots. I won't associate with them just because they're hunters. It has nothing to do with pumping myself up.

I think you're both being naive.
There are idiots everywhere. No one asked you to sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya. Just asked that you do your thing and let others do theirs.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oneofthesedays
There are idiots everywhere. No one asked you to sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya. Just asked that you do your thing and let others do theirs.
If you read my posts. I already said that.

You all can hunt anyway you want, but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion about it. I don't tell hunters what to do, or to do it my way. I'm not that foolish.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Topgun,

If your question is somehow directed towards me, then of course I have heard of the antis. . I have fought plenty of battles, pertaining to wildlife conservation and hunting, both nationally and internationally for more years than I care to remember. I have been pretty much “anti –anti”, if there is such an expression. I am not some know nothing on this issue, thank you very much.

With that said, let’s delve into your comments…

First off, I find darn near everything you have stated to be disingenuous. You are simply regurgitating talking points which have been rehashed for at least a hundred years. We had “small game farms” then and we still have them today. Nothing has changed. The fact is, people have been cultivating animals for thousands of years. Most folk, even city folk, are savvy to this worldly practice. I doubt there will ever be enough of a majority to outright ban “animal husbandry”. It’s good simply outweighs the bad…

Moving on, you are entirely right about the animal rights groups. Yes, they do want to abolish all hunting, but you know well it doesn’t stop there. They are adamant about stopping anything that involves the harming or killing of animals, period. If you were to give this deeper consideration, you would come to the same conclusion as me. That is, there isn’t a thing you or I (any of us) can do to change their idealism. As a matter of fact, it’s not even worth the effort to try.

The animal rights groups are no different than any other bête noire. They look for any weak link as they implement a “divide and conquer” strategy. There are those among us who serve the antis everything they want on a silver platter. They are usually the “tiny thinkers” who believe theirs is the only way to do a “real” hunt. Too many of us know differently, and we tend to keep what we do quiet.

If it's speculation you want, then how often do we hear, “I shot it, but I couldn’t find it”? Well, one could certainly argue, even the city people, that such a waste of a naturally resource could be eliminated if we were to ALL fish in barrels. It’s something to think about. Maybe the majority should vote that direction, eh?

We might be better served if we live and let live....

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 12-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have nothing against people shooting animals in a fence but lets call it for what it is,the harvesting of livestock.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Skinnnner,

On fenced military installations, it's called wildlife management. Hunting on base has nothing to do with livestock. Men wait years for the privilege to hunt in such controlled environments. I think Crane is like 108 square miles...others are much smaller.

I hunted "free range" musk oxen on Victoria Island. I knew going into the hunt that the success rate was 100 percent. The challenge wasn't in the hunt but rather getting to the artic. Should I assume I harvested livestock since these prehistoric looking beasts couldn't go anywhere?

I haven't received a single PM with regard to my wager. If it were merely the harvest of livestock, you would think all the "real hunters" would be jumping on the wagon to prove their theory. My experience tells me "real hunters" are all talk and no action.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just call the canned, small enclosures what they are and that's it's killing or shooting, not hunting, and you will have no problem with me. Hunting is where the animal has a legitimate chance at survival when hunted and not where it was raised and fed in troughs where it became habituated to humans and then sold to someone who wants a 100% chance of taking an animal home when the dinner bell rings

"My experience tells me "real hunters" are all talk and no action."

That is about the dumbest thing I've read on this site in quite a while, other than the youngster that came on several days ago asking if he should violate the law and telling us he was already violating another one!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Skinnnner,

On fenced military installations, it's called wildlife management. Hunting on base has nothing to do with livestock. Men wait years for the privilege to hunt in such controlled environments. I think Crane is like 108 square miles...others are much smaller.

I hunted "free range" musk oxen on Victoria Island. I knew going into the hunt that the success rate was 100 percent. The challenge wasn't in the hunt but rather getting to the artic. Should I assume I harvested livestock since these prehistoric looking beasts couldn't go anywhere?

I haven't received a single PM with regard to my wager. If it were merely the harvest of livestock, you would think all the "real hunters" would be jumping on the wagon to prove their theory. My experience tells me "real hunters" are all talk and no action.
Bull, i'm just not interested in your hunt.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Well if you think its hunting then you should try to convince boone and crocket since they dont accept trophys from fenced hunts,and i agree with them on thier choice.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I dont understand canned hunts,whats the point?most of these hunts cost alot so you cant say its for the meat and if you shoot a huge racked animal,once ppl find out it was taken in a fence they lose intreast fast,personaly i see no trophy value in a fenced animal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.