Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Record Bull in Utah !!!

Old 09-15-2003, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Record Bull in Utah !!!

I was reading a actical on a man who was hunting elk in Utah.Aparently the tag this man drew ment nothing to him by his preperation,and attitude to the hunt.

I was in awe a magizine would publish something so disgusting.

For me it seemed he didn' t care about this elk,to leave your rifle at home and to have everyone else do the work for it.I can' t belive he left the ammo for his rifle in the truck,then only to have 3-4 shells and then wound this bull then send his family back to the truck toget more bullets while this animal suffered wich took hours.[:@][:@]

To me this man should not grace the pages of any magazine.[:@]

Has anyone else read this artical.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 AM

Default RE: Record Bull in Utah !!!

What magazine was this article in? I get so many some of the articles start running together.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it was Hunting Illustrated
Old 09-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

BareBack, if its the same bull I' m thinking of its on some new Mossback videos. They' re making a pretty big deal about this bull here in Utah but I' m with you an the attitude they are taking towards it. I haven' t seen the video but I heard he did a horrible job at harvesting the bull. I also heard he only had 4 shells with him and couldn' t finish the job with those. Hi family had to run down get more shells and finish the job. I' ll spare the details but I heard from friends who have seen the video that he hit legs and everything else except the vitals on hi first four shots. Heres a link, is this the bull you' re talking about?

http://www.mossbackfever.com/Trophy_...dericksen.html
Old 09-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats sickening, how far away was this guy shooting not to hit any vitals? Seeing how unprepared he was he probly never fired the rifle before going on his trip. I dont care how big the bull is i wouldnt publish it in any magazine i ran!