Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Montana elk tags 100% draw. >

Montana elk tags 100% draw.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana elk tags 100% draw.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
How much for just a bull elk licence in Montana?
$812 is the cheapest bull elk license available to a non resident that I'm aware of.

That doesn't spin near as well as the $912 for the deer/elk combo license though. Of course most nonresidents are only able to hunt for a week or so, and it's pretty hard to go after both critters in the same week unless you tag out on one or the other really quick. There are a few areas that you might stumble on either animal, but for the most part you end up either elk hunting or deer hunting in my experience, rarely both at the same time.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by npaden
$812 is the cheapest bull elk license available to a non resident that I'm aware of.

That doesn't spin near as well as the $912 for the deer/elk combo license though. Of course most nonresidents are only able to hunt for a week or so, and it's pretty hard to go after both critters in the same week unless you tag out on one or the other really quick. There are a few areas that you might stumble on either animal, but for the most part you end up either elk hunting or deer hunting in my experience, rarely both at the same time.
Still pricey compared to the $550 in Colorado, but I also think the Colorado price is too high.

I'm old school, and these prices seem insane to me. I complain about the $49 I have to pay for an elk licence.