Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
I Am New At Hunting  The Colorado Eastern Plains >

I Am New At Hunting The Colorado Eastern Plains

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I Am New At Hunting The Colorado Eastern Plains

Old 02-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Spike

Default I Am New At Hunting The Colorado Eastern Plains

Hi I Was Checking The Forums Out And I Seen Where You Said You Hunt The Eastern Plains Of Colorado? I Put In For A Deer Tag This Year And Will Be My First Time To Hunt The Eastern Plains Of Colorado As I Live In Colorado Springs And I Was Wonering Where I Would Hunt At On The Eastern Plains Of Colorado I Was Wondering If There Was Any Public Or BLM Land on The Eastern Plains Of Colorado And Where I Could Hunt At And Get Me A Deer With out Getting On Private Land And Getting My Self Into Trouble And Being on Some One's Land That I Dont Know Please Help Me Thanks..
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude that is one hard post to read.........

Anyway what GMU unit and what season did you put in for. On the plains there are two deer seasons. One in Oct and the other is Dec.

Read my response in your other post.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Most of the eastern plains is private but you can go to Comanche National Grasslands which is huge and scttered. There is BLM land but a lot of it has been leased to ranchers for so long event the BLM dont show it on a map. A lot of the BLM is checkerboard so you gotta be real careful about trespassing. But those ranchers know they have it and will let you hunt on it if you can find the places. ALso some ranchers will let you hunt their land if you "ask first" and you can find the ranch hq and someone home to ask. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

that can't be a real post. Must be a guy messing with anyone willing to answer. If it's truly an honest post, heaven help us.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Go visit the DOW office on Sinton Rd.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Spike

Default Howdy And Thanks For Helping Me

Howdy Nice To Meet You All Do You All Hunt On The Eastern Plains? I Am Looking For A Hunting Partner This Is My First Year To Go Hunting Do You Think You Could Go With Me? And Help Me Hunt I Really Need A Hunting Partner? I Am New Here And I Dont Know Where To Hunt At On The Eastern Plains Of Colorado? I Wish You Could Help Me? And Go With Me How About It? And If Not What Can You Tell Me About Hunting On The Eastern Plains? So I Dont Get Into Trouble Out There By My Self Please Give Me Some Clues? Or Go With Me I Need Help In Getting Me A Deer To Eat On And Please E-mail Driectly Your Self At [email protected] Thanks And God Bless
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Groan.....
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

If I happen to run into Doc Holliday I'll give him your info. I'm not sure he hunts much anymore with his condition and all, but you never know.