Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Yellowstone is Dead

Old 01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  #21  
Fork Horn
 
finnbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kittitas, Wa.
Posts: 462
Default

Well just my two cents here......... Two wrongs don't make it right and no matter how much U think the government is wrong, killing a protected species accomplishes one thing and one thing only, it makes U a POACHER and only brings more anti hunter sentiment and the call for MORE wolf protection
finnbear is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
  #22  
Typical Buck
 
justhuntitall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: west central IL
Posts: 674
Default

Originally Posted by Terasec View Post
have no speakers here so dont know what is said,
but just the source of the vid has me skeptical on validate of info,
friends of elk herd foundation? they wouldnt be biased would they?
These people live with the wolf day in day out they have seen the destruction to wildlife not just elk herds but the moose populations are as low as they have ever been in years in the areas where the wolf packs rule the roost.

These people who had a hand in making this vid have lived there for generations and see first hand what the wolf is doing .

IMOP I dont think we can (living where we do) tell those who live amongst them that they dont know what they are talking about simply because they live it.
justhuntitall is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 05:23 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,081
Default

For one thing, what they did was ILLEAGLE! They introduced a non-native species, the Canadian Grey Wolf, which was never a native animal to the lower 48, we had wolves, they were Timber wolves, they are alot smaller. The canadian Grey wolf gets 180-200 pounds, and can and do kill anything they want just to kill it, they dont kill just for food. Now if I was to take a dozen gold fish and was to dump them in one of are lakes, that would be introducing a non-native species and I would be arrested for it, and face all kinds of fines and penilties, yet the fish & game have done it, jepordising all wildlife and possibly human life in the prosess. If you dont think a pack of 7 or more 150-200lb wolves that are capabile of taken down moose wont go after a human you are sadly mistaken. Here in Idaho we can legally shoot them if they are endangering you, your hounds, or your livestock. Last year I came very close to losing two very good bear hounds that are valued over $6000, luckily I had a garmin GPS tracking system on my dogs and was able to get to them before they were killed. I know many other hunters that havnt been so lucky.
Hell why stop with the wolves?, They could introduce some of those snake head fish to our rivers and streams and wipe out all our salmon, steelhead, and trout too.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-12-2011 at 06:13 PM.
fritz1 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
  #24  
Fork Horn
 
BillBrasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by fritz1 View Post
Hell why stop with the wolves?, They could introduce some of those snake head fish to our rivers and streams and wipe out all our salmon, steelhead, and trout too.
Lake trout were illegally introduced into Yellowstone lake. If you pull one out of yellowstone lake it's kill upon landing because of the damage they have caused to the native yellowstone cutthroat populations. Sounds like an easy legal precedent to me
BillBrasky is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
  #25  
Fork Horn
 
mortalcare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: kentucky
Posts: 273
Default

Well when will people learn,wolfs are a nusince.The first man to shoot a wolf in 09 had tons off hate mail because he killed a pest.Now wolf hunting is ilegal? I respect the wildlife warden,but this is wrong.
mortalcare is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
  #26  
JW
Super Moderator
 
JW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,136
Default

For what its worth. I check this all the time and do recieve the e-mail alerts.

Link

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/mammal.../dogdepred.htm

JW
JW is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
  #27  
Fork Horn
 
AK Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 419
Default

Here's the latest data on the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd. They're down 24% in just the last year and down over 70% since wolves were reintroduced in 1995. From 2000 to 2011 the NYEH has declined from 14,538 to 4,635.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/nati...a94794397.html


Here's another article from today's Billings Gazette regarding wolf research. Note that the researcher estimates that their wolf population estimates are likely low by as much as 44%.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...6a2dcf7a5.html
AK Jeff is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
  #28  
Typical Buck
 
tangozulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 694
Default

Originally Posted by fritz1 View Post
For one thing, what they did was ILLEAGLE! They introduced a non-native species, the Canadian Grey Wolf, which was never a native animal to the lower 48, we had wolves, they were Timber wolves, they are alot smaller. The canadian Grey wolf gets 180-200 pounds, and can and do kill anything they want just to kill it, they dont kill just for food. Now if I was to take a dozen gold fish and was to dump them in one of are lakes, that would be introducing a non-native species and I would be arrested for it, and face all kinds of fines and penilties, yet the fish & game have done it, jepordising all wildlife and possibly human life in the prosess. If you dont think a pack of 7 or more 150-200lb wolves that are capabile of taken down moose wont go after a human you are sadly mistaken. Here in Idaho we can legally shoot them if they are endangering you, your hounds, or your livestock. Last year I came very close to losing two very good bear hounds that are valued over $6000, luckily I had a garmin GPS tracking system on my dogs and was able to get to them before they were killed. I know many other hunters that havnt been so lucky.
Hell why stop with the wolves?, They could introduce some of those snake head fish to our rivers and streams and wipe out all our salmon, steelhead, and trout too.
Canadian Grey Wolves, whatever that is, have been walking accross the border from Canada for decades without any help from biologists.
Relax there are lots of wolves and elk in Canada just not an elk behind every tree. Montana still has very generous limits on elk for 2 legged preditors.
tangozulu is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
  #29  
Nontypical Buck
 
fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,081
Default

Originally Posted by tangozulu View Post
Canadian Grey Wolves, whatever that is, have been walking accross the border from Canada for decades without any help from biologists.
Relax there are lots of wolves and elk in Canada just not an elk behind every tree. Montana still has very generous limits on elk for 2 legged preditors.
Canadian Grey wolves are native to the Yukon and Alaska, not the lower 48, they were never here until illeaglly intoduced by humans. What we had here are Timber wolves, the same as what Cananda had on the other side of the border, The difference is about 100lbs, or more. As far as Montana having plenty of elk, that is not true either, there elk herds have been hit hard also, I know, I happen to live about an hour from Superior Mt., I know alot of people that live in Montana and they are experencing the same problems that we are here in Idaho. How are you going to make this rediculous statement and you your self dont even know what the difference between a Canadian Grey Wolf and a Timber wolf is any way? That is what the problem is, people are uninformed and think they know it all.
fritz1 is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM
  #30  
Fork Horn
 
finnbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kittitas, Wa.
Posts: 462
Default

Originally Posted by fritz1 View Post
Canadian Grey wolves are native to the Yukon and Alaska, not the lower 48, they were never here until illeaglly intoduced by humans. What we had here are Timber wolves, the same as what Cananda had on the other side of the border, The difference is about 100lbs, or more. As far as Montana having plenty of elk, that is not true either, there elk herds have been hit hard also, I know, I happen to live about an hour from Superior Mt., I know alot of people that live in Montana and they are experencing the same problems that we are here in Idaho. How are you going to make this rediculous statement and you your self dont even know what the difference between a Canadian Grey Wolf and a Timber wolf is any way? That is what the problem is, people are uninformed and think they know it all.

I'm just curious, what is the difference between this canadian grey wolf you keep talkin about and the timber wolf U talk about.......what is the latin name for each??? U say the candian grey wolf weighs 100lbs more than a timber wolf so it's like 250lbs or more?????
Any info U could furnish would be greatly appreciated as I can find no scienticfic info on this canadian grey wolf or anything on a timber wolf can only find info on the grey wolf
finnbear is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.