HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Yellowstone is Dead
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
tangozulu
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
For one thing, what they did was ILLEAGLE! They introduced a non-native species, the Canadian Grey Wolf, which was never a native animal to the lower 48, we had wolves, they were Timber wolves, they are alot smaller. The canadian Grey wolf gets 180-200 pounds, and can and do kill anything they want just to kill it, they dont kill just for food. Now if I was to take a dozen gold fish and was to dump them in one of are lakes, that would be introducing a non-native species and I would be arrested for it, and face all kinds of fines and penilties, yet the fish & game have done it, jepordising all wildlife and possibly human life in the prosess. If you dont think a pack of 7 or more 150-200lb wolves that are capabile of taken down moose wont go after a human you are sadly mistaken. Here in Idaho we can legally shoot them if they are endangering you, your hounds, or your livestock. Last year I came very close to losing two very good bear hounds that are valued over $6000, luckily I had a garmin GPS tracking system on my dogs and was able to get to them before they were killed. I know many other hunters that havnt been so lucky.
Hell why stop with the wolves?, They could introduce some of those snake head fish to our rivers and streams and wipe out all our salmon, steelhead, and trout too.
Canadian Grey Wolves, whatever that is, have been walking accross the border from Canada for decades without any help from biologists.
Relax there are lots of wolves and elk in Canada just not an elk behind every tree. Montana still has very generous limits on elk for 2 legged preditors.