Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
obvious problem in colorado II >

obvious problem in colorado II

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

obvious problem in colorado II

Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Cool

Another aspect of this.......are you sure this was owned land by rancher? A lot of them pass of BLM land as part of thier property.....hence leased graizing takes place .....I hunted on a guy over by Parachute about 20 years ago that pulled this. As it turned out, acreage I hunted was actually govt land that I could have accessed on my own....was a drop camp! My fault for taking the guy for face value.
Dan
Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hiked in 5 or 6 miles into wilderness to find cattle and sheep and outfitters and very little game.
Are you sure you were in Wilderness, or were you in BLM. Big difference. I doubt that there were grazing on Wilderness grounds, but happens all the time on BLM ground.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Howler
Are you sure you were in Wilderness, or were you in BLM. Big difference. I doubt that there were grazing on Wilderness grounds, but happens all the time on BLM ground.
We were in the flat tops area. I just checked out the map and the cattle were definitely in the wilderness area (N Fork Derby Creek drainage), the sheep were not. Sheep were on the Little Flat Tops which is outside the wilderness areas.

I was pretty surprised to see livestock in the wilderness area/alpine & sub-alpine areas.

Last edited by jwill; 09-27-2010 at 12:38 PM.