Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Any elk hunters?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Spike

hooked for life ever sence the gun went off on number 1
Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Sweet! Same here.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Spike

I've been hooked on Elk since my first elk hunt in 1968. I've hunt Mostly Utah, but have also hunting Colo, New Mexico and Wyo. I've killed or helped kill a lot of elk in 40+ years of hunting. Any more it's just fun to pack in on the horse each fall, enjoy a week on the mountain. Enjoy the time riding the horses and watch the elk.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Painted Horse
I've been hooked on Elk since my first elk hunt in 1968. I've hunt Mostly Utah, but have also hunting Colo, New Mexico and Wyo. I've killed or helped kill a lot of elk in 40+ years of hunting. Any more it's just fun to pack in on the horse each fall, enjoy a week on the mountain. Enjoy the time riding the horses and watch the elk.
What part of UT do you live in? I live near parkcity.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Spike

Man, don't get me started! I've been hunting elk here in Colorado for the last 32 years. The fever never leaves. Might be a few moments when I don't think about it, like maybe Christmas Day but then February comes around and the Big Game brochure arrives and Ohh Man, here we go again!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm travelling from England , UK for another years Elk hunting this September 2010. I've yet too seal the deal on getting one , but I'm really hoping this year will be the One . After a very close call in 2008 , I've since gone Trad ONLY and will be hunting this Fall with My Kanga T/D Longbow . To Me the Elk is the most amazing Animal in the Wild and I will keep coming back to Bowhunt this majestic beast for as long as I possibly can .