Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Montana Bear Season starts Thursday!! >

Montana Bear Season starts Thursday!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Montana Bear Season starts Thursday!!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Montana Bear Season starts Thursday!!

I'm looking foward to getting back up on the mountain and doing some hiking. Bear season starts here Thursday!! I will be heading out Wednesday and setting up a camp on the bottoms and working my way up into the high country. I have some bear hunters coming out in late May and June, so I won't actually be hunting myself until they have already gone home, but I can scout for them. Just great to have an excuse to hit the ridges again. Snow is still deep but not like years past. I was trying to climb a mountain last week but a snow storm pushed me off the mountain last Thursday. Good luck Montana bear hunters!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Are you hunting with a bow or with a gun?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

I am getting excited for bear season. Hopefully this year I will see more black bears than grizzlies.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35
Are you hunting with a bow or with a gun?
I have clients coming out to hunt in about a month, so I won't be hunting at all, just scouting. It would be improper for the outfitter to go hunt his area before clients had an opportunity at it first. Just exciting to see a big game season opening after months of cabin fever!!