Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!! >

please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

Old 06-18-2003, 04:11 PM

Default RE: please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

How many of us would go to the best barber in town, if he wasn' t a " people person" ? I think, in this day and age - handling people is as important as the rest of it.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

What the hell does bein' a people person got to do with killin' bulls, or handlin' horses, or packin' meat, or knowin' where to look fer game? Seems to me some of y' all (an' people in genral) are jus' too soft. Want everthin' to go down easy. Ain' t used to dealin' with adversity. Ain' t accomodatin' to harsh conditions. Cityfied. Gotta have the power windows and air. You go ahead an' ask yer outfitter for his " people person" guide when you get to camp. Likely he' ll look at you funny, spit, an' send you out with a teenager what don' t know his arse from a hole in the ground. Dam good thing I ain' t guidin' no more. Used to be hunters were tuff an' didn' t expect a McDonalds atmosphere on an elk hunt. Ruint by goin' to bed & breakfasts and watchin' romantic movies with their wives I ' spect. Bahh!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

BeaverJack grow up and eat your own words, Do you think your god almighty or something. Your comment of:
What the hell does bein' a people person got to do with killin' bulls, or handlin' horses, or packin' meat, or knowin' where to look fer game? Seems to me some of y' all (an' people in genral) are jus' too soft. Want everthin' to go down easy. Ain' t used to dealin' with adversity. Ain' t accomodatin' to harsh conditions.
is just plain ridiculous.

If and when I pay for someone to take me hunting, I expect them to be friendly and to give me a fun time. Before I came down with a disability, I was far from soft. For deer hunting we took boats down river 3 miles, 3 beaver dams, then carried the camp 300 yards up a ridge. Packed the camp in and out each year. Our walls were of plastic, slept on bunks made from tree branches, sleeping bags, average temp was 32f. No running water, only hydro was a small power generator, our outhouse was just a seat under a very large pine tree (never paid to be first on the frosty or after a snow morning ).

A guide is suspose to make a hunt enjoyable. Hunting to me is a passion. That is being in the outdoors, close to nature, being a part of it. It does not mean the Killing of an animal. I go hunting to have an enjoyable time and to relax. Yes relax even hunting in a camp like I mentioned above. So if it is not enjoyable, I do not want any part of it.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Well I ain' t God, true enuff. But he sure has deputized me. I know cause I' m blessed with good country, plenty of game critters, a fine physique for chasin' ' em, an' only sporatic contact with tourists an' city people. I reckin' the fact thet I don' t sugarcoat my opinions makes me not a people person, but thet' s ok, cause God obviously prefers me thet way, whe else would he bless me so? Some of y' all are jus' pickier than God, I reckin' .
Old 06-19-2003, 10:22 AM

Aww, ol Beaver Jack just likes to have fun with us. I bet the same grizzled old guides that he speaks of would be real impressed with one of their old compadres surfin the net as much as he does. Computers is for citified folk - I bet BJ has one of them skim milk lattes and a cell phone sitting next to him, every time he plants his butt behind a keyboard - ptfhhh - the only thing worse than a panty-waisted greenhorn is a former mountain man, reduced to playing on a computer all day, and sipping Starbucks...
Old 06-19-2003, 03:47 PM

muskrat, you took the words right outta my mouth! After reading BJ' s last posts, I was laughing so hard I nearly choked! I think we all oughtta chip in and buy ol' BJ some balm for that bruised breast plate. He' s been hittin' it pretty hard as of late!
I' ve known a dozen guys like ol' BJ over the years, and a couple were in my family! If it' s somethin they don' t do or agree with, it' s sissy-fied! If they like it or believe in it, it' s " by God alright" !
This is 2003, BJ! Folks just don' t bow down to some hot air balloon head who' s motto is " it' s my way or the highway" . If I' m paying to hunt, we' re gonna do it MY way. You' re right, it' s a real good thing that you don' t guide anymore. Maybe a client with a set bigger than yours would give you a lesson in modern day manners. Lord knows, you' re in desperate need of one.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Manners are fer church goers an' used car salesmen. Not many people can match my pair, since ' 90 when I got bucked off a mare I was breakin' , mine been a might swolled. She went into this head-tucked buckin' spree right in the middle of a canter. Had me purple from my knees to my navel. The twins were thrashed pretty good, an' I couldn' t wear jeans for a month.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:16 AM

(SIGH).....MY HERO!

I don' t know exactly what that has to do with finding a decent outfitter, but if you' re looking to fill a position on my hero list, those spots are all filled by REAL men.

I grew up in UN-modernized farm country where we' d skid out firewood and tax money board wood with horses. I' ve been bitten, bucked, kicked and rolled on, so you' re impressing me very little!
Old 06-20-2003, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

YOU brought up my testicles, as I recall. I was jus' makin' sure you was informed ' bout what yer talkin' ' bout. Not proper to go spoutin' off ' bout things you don' t know ' bout. Makes you look silly. How my testicles relate to findin' an' outfitter I don' t know, but since yer the smart one ' round here, I figure you got a good reasin fer bringin' them into the conversation. I don' t see how havin' swolled testicles ain' t all thet impressive. Dam uncomfortable at times. Try packin' round two oranges around in yer shorts all day, ridin' 20 miles or so. You' ll see what I mean. That fruits gonna come out a lil' bruised (an' definitely unedible). Now I ain' t gonna talk ' bout my testicles no more if you don' t bring it up. After all, there' s wimmins on these sites from time to time, an' they ain' t allays fond of such yarnin' . So jus' keep my testicles outta the talk if you don' t REALLY wanna talk ' bout ' em.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

But it does seem like yer always talking about im( testies* or shoes size & NOT just girls DONT whata hear about them.lol

Now if you could drag them on the ground & find game with im i might be impressed or laso a runaway hurse.

Quick Reply: please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.