Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS >

DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Old 04-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

How can you be getting sick of the thread when you joined 4/4/09 just for cal to make an lame attempt for him?????

ORIGINAL: just mt

Well i am pretty sick of this thread and getting bashed but I will elude to that later! I go by the handle of elkcaller and it just so happens that Cal Stucky is my best friend, I know means absolutly zero to you guys, but I know that Cal is the best archery elk hunter in the western united states! I have sat here andread all the bs there is about this topic. I know that Cal is not happy about the hunt that Huntingson had but he is not a bad outfitter or a bad person. As I have guided for Cal may times and have been with Sage Moutain Outfitters since its inception, I encourage anyone wanting a true archery hunting adventure with the best possilbe outcome to book with Sage Moutain. Cal has upgraded the web site (due to this controversy) to include over 25 references just from the past year (8 out of 10 repeats to the Cobb). He has made it an open book to contact these hunters and get their personal insite into a hunt with Sage Mountain. If you have any questions pleasedo contactCal atSageMoutainOutfitters.com and check out the references section and please get in contact with 2008 clients and see what they REALLY have to say. I regret that Cal has prepared a statement that I left on my work computer to add here but if you really want a great hunt please do the proper research. I am being true and honest here and if that is not enough ( even though this is my first post here) I appologize. If you are going to start the bashing as was done with a few other people that I know who have tried to post on this web site then >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> I am sorry you dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELKCALLER
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM

My name is Cal Stucky, owner of Sage Mountain Outfitters. For six months now huntingson and his buddies have been bashing me and my operation on the hunting net. Itis time for me to respond.When I talked to him on the phone after he sent me a nasty letter, I tried to explain to him why the guide, Dan Antila, had told him not to shoot. I said I wouldn't argue with him as to the distance of the shot, Dan says 60 yards, Jim Davis, better known to everyone on the hunting net as huntingson, says 45 yards. with a 30 plus mile per hour wind and the last few minutes of light, a 60 yard shot or even a 45 yard shot should not be considered. Both Dan Antila and I know of the horror stories these kinds of shots produce, especially at a wonderful bull in the 380 class. I told him that I thought this was an unethical shot and he would not find anyone with experience that would disagree with me. He said he would do his best to put me out of business but he has not been truthful and has not had much success as far as putting me out of business.
[/align]
In 2009 when many of the Montana Outfitters are only 60-70% booked, I am booked 100% with over 70% of these hunters being return clients. At the ranch where huntingson hunted, I have 10 hunters booked. seven of them have been there before.
[/align]
I think that it is important for hunters to do their home work when planning for a hunt. Don't book a hunt just from what you saw on a hunting show or pass on an outfitter solely from one disgruntled hunter on the hunting net. If an outfitter can only give you a couple references, you should have your doubts . Anyone who is interested can e-mail me at [email protected] for a list of the other 29 hunters that hunted with me in 2008.
[/align]

[/align]
Thanks for your time
[/align]
Cal Stucky
[/align]
Sage Mountain Outfitters
[/align]
Old 04-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not going to address his other concerns or try to make it right? It's doubtful your rep on this site will be repaired that easily,and this much later.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Spike

Man I hate to hear that, Much like my experience at Table Mountain Outfitters. It really makes you sick to think you planned, spent money, and you you set your heart on a great hunt, just to get screwed by an unethical outfitter.
It seems like unless you bring a camera crew, your not gonna get their best.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not going to address his other concerns or try to make it right?
Exactly-he made no attempt at all to dispute any of the other issues posted by Huntingson.By not disputing any of the many other issues,I am inclined to believe that those issues were genuine as posted by Huntingson.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mr. Stucky,

Would you care to comment about the cook's drunk boyfriend being incamp?

What about glassing the elk going into the timber yet refusing to hunt the timber?

What's the deal with allowing a porta-john to get completely filled yet not having it emptied for clients?

Maybe you western boys don't know how to shoot a bow. Heck , us eastern guys kill little whitetailsat 45 yds. quite regularly. Shooting a big ole elk at the same distance should be pretty easy for a guy like Huntingson. Should have let him show you how its done.

Why didn't you address the problems, he was having in camp when they were happening? Instead, you did nothing.

The 45 yard shot wasn't the only problem on that hunt. There were several issues that needed addressed.

The simple fact, that you would finally come on this site to respond to this thread, proves to me and everyone else, that you were actually on here under other names before, pretending to be just some hunter responding.

You came to this thread, with different names, trying to support Sage Mountain Outfitters in disguise. You pretended to be other people to defend yourself.

You are a true class act. I can't believe how low you will stoop to carry on your sharade.

This all goes to show, all of us, that Huntingson was telling the truth. For an outfitter to stoop as low as you have, to come on this site pretending to be other people, and defend you outfitter business is rediculess.

Sounds like you run a first class operation, for sure!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:23 AM
DM

You came to this thread, with different names, trying to support Sage Mountain Outfitters in disguise. You pretended to be other people to defend yourself.
Am i missing something? How do you know that, that's really true???

DM
Old 04-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

He gave himself away when he started a post under another name, 1st post and joined 4/4/09 and said "I'm tired of seeing cal bashed in this thread". How can the poster be tired of anything when he just joined and it's his 1st post? If you'll notice, the writing style is pretty much identical for the different posters. If it's not him, the other new 1st post posters invariably "take up" for cal so are doing so under his direction.

ORIGINAL: DM

Am i missing something? How do you know that, that's really true???

DM
Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you reread over this entire thread, you will notice a couple guys defending Cal Stucky and Sage Mountain Outfitters.

When you come acrossed one of them, look at their post count.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that these new guys would log on to this forum just to make a post or two to defend this clown.

Then another newbie does the same thing. They don't post about anything else or post in one of the many forums on other topics. The just defend Bozo.

Then, lo and behold, Cal Stucky himself decides to post in his defense. It just proves to me that he has been reading this thread all along and posting in disguise, to make it seem like he has the support of other hunters.

Notice the defending posters only make a couple posts, never to be heard from again.

IF you google " Sage Mountain Outfitters" a link to this forum and thread appears there. I'm sure many hunters searching for an outfitter and come across this thread and decide maybe old Cal isn't the outfit they need to hunt with.

I say good for Mr. Stucky. He chose to not help out a client with problems in camp and now he can pay the price.

It's there on the NET for the world to see.

Why is it that Mr. Stucky refuses to address the issue of the drunk boyfriend in camp? What about refusing to go in the timber wher the elk are?

What about the overflowing porta john? If I was looking for a hunt, I'd sure want to know why the porta johns were maxed out leaving me to figure out how to relieve myself in camp.

All big old Cal wants to talk about is that 45yard shot. I personally feel he was saving that and the timber dwelling elk for his big money, TV personality clients.

I'd be PO'd if all I got to do was glass elk going into the timber and being told that Mr. Stucky said we aren't allowed to go after them. Then finally getting a chance at an elk and being told not to shoot.

Huntingson has been around the game of hunting long enough to know if he could make that shot or not. He passed on that bull earlier in the hunt because that bull didn't offer a good shot.

Wonder if they would have told Will Primos or Dave watson not to shoot?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fell bad for u becuase it happen to me in a whitetail hunt.

Quick Reply: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.