Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Looking to buy a good pair of cold weather boots >

Looking to buy a good pair of cold weather boots

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking to buy a good pair of cold weather boots

Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Spike

Default Looking to buy a good pair of cold weather boots

I like GoreTex because that keeps your feet dry and they don't sweat as much.So I'm looking for boots that keep your feet dry,warm and somewhat lightweght.Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking to buy a good pair of cold weather boots

Danner's aren't half bad...except they are now from China. Boo!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dunno about those Danners! I had a pair blow out on me at the end of! last season and I just bought em in 92. Seriously, until I heard they were made in China, they'da been my first choice! I'm gonna be in the market this season.

Had one pair of Rockies and they leaked within a month and Rocky wouldn't take em back[:@]They'll nevere get my money again!

Hodgman and LaCrosse both make great boots

Iff'n it's really cold, you cant beat the old military Mickey Mouse boots

Of course, they werent made in China then either!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

I use pac boots with the removeable liners. Schnees or Whites are the good ones. The Whites Yukon kept my feet comfortable in -20f weather.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have found the boots mad by Schnee kept our feet warmer than any other boot. Here is the link .

http://www.schnees.com/
Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

What I like about the pacs is when I return to camp, I pull the liners out and drythe boots by the fire, in the morning throw another set of liners in and let the others air out and dry. The soles on the schnees hunter II looks like an improvement over the soles on my older pair of hunters.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever you decide on, buy them a 1/2 or 1 size larger than you need to allow room for extra layers of sock without cutting off circulation to your feet. I used to have cold feet all the time until I started buying a larger boot, now they are nice and toasty. I have had great wear out of Rocky Boots. I still have my first pair I purchased 13 years ago.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Rockies because they are light and waterproof, I found that my feet sweat and they soak from the inside out, I have countered that w/ some anti odor foot powder and I have NOT had a problem since. Another thing guys at my place use are those over boot quilted things, real light and supposedly taosty warm when you get to your post. I know they fold up and pack easy only around $45.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1 on the Schnees. They are my favorites, by far,but they aren't as warm (unfortunately) as my (above mentioned) Danners. I'd run from Rocky boots. IMO, they are pure junk now.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

My wife gets real cold real quick during rifle season. I bought her a pair of LaCrosse womens boots at Gander mtn and a pair of thick softwool socks, that is the only part of her body I haven't heard her complain about being cold. I wear Muck boots and they keep my feet warm, however I noticed no matter what type of boot I wear, my left foot always gets cold first, maybe I am just abnormal and one foot is larger reducing airspace in the boot. Has anyone else noticed this??

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a good pair of cold weather boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.