Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Public Hunting in CO

Old 03-16-2003, 07:09 PM

Default Public Hunting in CO

Hello,

I' m planning an elk in CO. Can anyone give me some recommendations on which units to apply for? We some ideas and some contacts in CO but we are looking for something to fall back on if other plans fail. This is my first elk hunt and my dads second so we are looking for any helpful info.

Thanks

Andy in IL

Old 03-17-2003, 02:35 PM

Default RE: Public Hunting in CO

try ANTLER QUEST 303-651-6273 [email protected]
Old 03-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Can' t we make a canned response for these people. Seems like the same question gets asked over and over. I know you didn' t know that ANDYLEE so don' t take it personal. It might be helpful to look back in some of the old subjects. You might find lots of helpful info by checking those out.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

ANDYLEE your e-mail to me was childish but I don' t really care. Let me give you some advice. You are what I like to call looking for a free lunch. You are asking people to share hunting spots its taken years of hard work to find, they' re not just going to tell you where to hunt. If you come to this board with a specific location in mind and you show people that you' ve done your homework people will be willing to help. If you' re serious about hunting Colorado get on thier website and look at each area and look at the numbers. (Success rates, etc.) When you have a couple pinned down then pull out your topo maps and start looking. Once you' ve done that make some calls to biologists and game officers. Then once you' ve done that come back to the board with more specific questions and you' ll get many more responses. I' m not from nor do I hunt Colorado so I can' t help you. But if you were asking about Utah I wouldn' t respond either.

Do some homework like the rest of us have had to do and I' m sure people will be more accomodating.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:14 AM

Rather_Be_Hunting,
Right you are! Too many either require you to write an encyclopedia or give up your secrets. Hassling you on your email versus open forum? That' s not the way it works!

Like yourself, I too am weary of the neverending torrent......
Let them find out the hard way.

Never Go Undergunned,
EKM
Old 03-20-2003, 06:07 AM

I THOUGHT HE WAS DOING SOME HOMEWORK! HE POSTED HERE TO GET IDEAS FROM EXPERIENCED HUNTERS. HE DIDN' T ASK FOR SPECIFIC SPOTS. HE JUST ASKED ABOUT UNITS. YOU DON' T KNOW IF HE HAS OR HAS NOT TALKED TO BIOLOGISTS OR GAME OFFICERS. LIGHTEN UP, HE' S JUST A FELLOW HUNTER LOOKING FOR INFO. IF I WAS FROM COLORADO AND HAD SOME INFO I WOULD SURE HELP HIM OUT.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:59 AM

delete
Old 03-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

I don' t think yer allowed to hunt the public in CO or anywhere else!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:31 PM

To All,

Thank you 06 and bigbear. Although I' ve only been hunting for 15 years I would never ask someone to give up their secrets, nor was I asking for a gimme. However, it is difficult to pack up the kids and drive to CO for the weekend when you live in IL. I' ve been to CO many times and I can imagine how difficult it would to hunt there with little or no help from people who have hunted their. I understand that the first few years will be a learning experience, everything is a learning experience. Getting involved with this forum has been. Maybe my wording was unclear, as straight forward as it was, I was only looking for some places to start. I have done my homework as best I can on my own and if I was to read every posting on here regarding elk hunting then I might as well drive out to CO on my own. I have been to CO DOW site and I have the application book and I imagine there might be a few more elk in unit 70 than unit 98. So that' s where I am at right now. I hope I can get in touch with Antler Quest this week. That sounds like a good place to get some ideas. Thanks for the help

Good judgement does come from bad experiences; too quick of a judgement creates those experiences.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:35 PM

BeaverJack,

It' s too bad we can' t hunt the public, there are several politicians I' d like to hang on wall.

Quick Reply: Public Hunting in CO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.