Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Public Hunting in CO

Old 03-21-2003, 06:51 AM

Default RE: Public Hunting in CO

EKM,
IF SOMEONE WAS MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT RANGES, DRAINAGES, AND PARKS, WOULDN' T THAT BE THE SAME AS ASKING FOR SECRET HOTSPOTS???
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!!!
I TO HAVE CONTACTED THE DOW, HOWEVER, I FEEL IT IS JUST AS INFORMATIVE (MAYBE MORE) TO TALK TO OTHER HUNTERS WHO HAVE BEEN THERE. I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A " GIMME" BUT THAT' S NO REASON TO RAG ON EVERYONE WHO ASKS A SIMPLE QUESTION OR ASKS FOR SOME GENERAL INFO.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

IF SOMEONE WAS MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT RANGES, DRAINAGES, AND PARKS, WOULDN' T THAT BE THE SAME AS ASKING FOR SECRET HOTSPOTS???
The answer is no. If someone came to me simple asking where is there good huntin in Utah? I would be extremely general with them which in reality does no good for anyone. I' m not just going to draw them a map to my favorite spot. However if someone comes to me and says, " I was looking at the Whitney resevoir area in the Uintah Unit. The map looks like there is good cover near water and the people I' ve called said lots of animals. Any input?" I would most certainly respond as one hunter helping out another. Although I still wouldn' t draw a map to my favorite spot.

Besides what got my riled up is i' m not from Colorado and I suggested the guy look at past posts, best help I could give him. The whole canned response thing was supposed to be partially kidding anyway. Then the guy e-mails me off the board calling me colorful names. Just plain childish.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:56 AM

RATHER,
I DIDN' T KNOW ABOUT THE CONTENTS OF THE EMAIL. I AGREE, THAT WASN' T RIGHT! ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE HE WAS JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP OR GENERAL INFO, I THINK ANDY REACTED A LITTLE TOO MUCH. I DIDN' T MEAN TO CAUSE SUCH A STIR, JUST SPEAKING UP FOR SOMEONE WHO SEEMED TO BE GETTING RAGGED FOR NO REASON.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

No sweat 06 hunter, welcome to the board!
Old 03-21-2003, 08:09 PM

delete
Old 03-22-2003, 11:00 AM

EKM,
I BELIEVE YOU' RE OVER ANALYZING THINGS A BIT, DR. I ONLY USE CAPITALIZATION BECAUSE I DON' T TYPE VERY WELL AND THIS WAY I DON' T HAVE TO USE THE SHIFT KEY!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:21 PM

delete
Old 03-22-2003, 02:11 PM

I' ll take EKM' s " over-analyzing" any day. I' ve found his messages to be both well thought and well written. It' s obvious that he puts both time and thought into his posts. I' ve learned quite a bit reading posts from EKM and the many others that contribute to these boards. These guys care a lot for the sport and have no problem sharing their learnings.

Go back and read their advice, you can even track down the last 50 or 100 posts through the user profile. These are the people we want as part of this community. Bashing them for giving their input can drive people away from the forums.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:08 PM

YOU GUYS TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD!! THE " OVER ANALYZING" CRACK WAS ABOUT THE CAPITALIZATION THING!! I APPRECIATE THE INFO (HALF OF WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE). I AGREE THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE EKM AND OTHERS ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ARE WILLING TO HELP (SOMETIMES). IT ALSO SEEMS THEY MIGHT BE A LITTLE OPINIONATED. I THINK WE SHOULD ATLEAST GIVE SOMEONE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY DID ANY RESEARCH, AND NOT JUMP TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEY WANT A FREE LUNCH JUST BECAUSE THEY ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION OR TWO.

ONCE AGAIN, I' M NOT TRYING TO MAKE YOU GUYS MAD. I JUST FEEL THERE IS A LITTLE HOSTILITY TOWARDS THOSE WHO DON' T HAVE THE GOOD FORTUNE OF LIVING IN ONE OF THE WESTERN STATES, OR HAVE THE FINAINCAL MEANS TO GO WHEN AND WHERE THEY WANT. MAYBE THAT' S NOT THE CASE, BUT IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT FROM SOME OF THESE POSTS AND REPLYS.

IF YOU GUYS EVER DECIDE YOU WANT TO HUNT TURKEYS IN MISSOURI, I' D BE WILLING TO OFFER ANY ADVICE OR HELP I CAN!

Old 03-23-2003, 06:29 PM

Nice, short, clean, and to the point.

8 days left to the Colorado Filing Deadline (April 1).
Half done?
No surprise, but don' t worry.
We see lots of folks in the elk woods each year that are about " half done."
Nice vacation. Sure is pretty country. Had a really good time. Sure did learn a lot.
Get anything? Nope.
Good Luck
EKM

Quick Reply: Public Hunting in CO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.