Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

missouri river breaks MT.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: missouri river breaks MT.

Oldelkhunter,

Think what you want, I really don't care as I have no problem. You have never been here after a 6 week bow season followed by a 5 weeks of rifle hunting. All I was doing was attempting to temper his expectations down to what he may actually encounter. There are guys who have hunted with that coveted rifle tag and have either eaten it or settled on a sub 300 bull because that is all they have found.

I am glad you enjoyed your time and hope you arrow a big bull. I have spent alot of time either riding horse back, boating along the shore, driving through or hiking around that country since I was very young. I grew up here and know what I know. Perhaps you should go read again exactly what I said: I never used your name, the word liar or any such phrase.

Now I know personally of many hunters who have taken some whopper bulls from both sides of the breaks. They are out there just not the norm to get one in your sights and be able to kill it. Unless you have access to one of those private ranches where the bulls get pushed to during hunting season.

I am not going to argue with you. You should patent your device you used and sell it to the masses.

Nemont
Old 09-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: missouri river breaks MT.

Nemont, no harm intended now that it is clarified. I did enjoy my time there and it is beautiful country. SOme guys like the mountains but there is something special about the breaks that appeals to me. Actually I hunted Elk there during the Archery season with a boat and that is the first and last time I used a boat to hunt Elk..