Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Mexican mulies - Hermosillo or Sonora >

Mexican mulies - Hermosillo or Sonora

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mexican mulies - Hermosillo or Sonora

Old 07-01-2008, 05:23 AM

Default Mexican mulies - Hermosillo or Sonora

If you had your choice, which area of Mexico would you go for a monster mulie?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mexican mulies - Hermosillo or Sonora

Hermosillo is a city in the state of Sonora. Also, I'd double check but I mainly hear of white tails (cous) in Sonora. I'm not sure where they mule deer.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

They have huge Mule Deer in Sonora. Id go there. Some of our clients have killed 190"+ mule deer last year, one killed a 200"er. Id go there, if you can afford it.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Sonora is pretty much the mecha of mulie hunting south of the border....stuff me in your carry-on, let's go!

Brett
Old 07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

If I had the money to spend I would go to Sonora just to experience Mexico hunting. If you are on a budget there are places in the states that will produce mule deer of that size at a much better price. Sonora success rates are not the best and you tend hear about just the big ones. Hope that helps
Jeremy

Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sonora easy
Old 07-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

No expert here but Sonora anyway. Hermosillo to close to the beach
Old 07-14-2008, 08:28 AM

As stated by someone Hermosillo is a city in the state of Sonora. I have been down doing hunts for years in Mexico, in both Sonora and Chihuahua. Traditionally Sonora has the best Desert Mule Deer and the price reflects that. Again as someone stated success rates can vary and often some hunters go home without, depending upon who you go down with.

Just an example I have a couple of spots with a very reputable small operation and the hunt is $8,500 in Sonora. I also have a couple of ranches we have hunted in Chihuahua and the price of the hunt is $3,500. I have hunted both places and my best bucks have come from Sonora, but for the price and if taking a nice buck is a goal, the price of the hunt in Chihuahua cannot be beat, and we have seen way more bucks in Chihuahua than in Sonora, sometimes as many as 10+ a day and the next day a different 10 in the same area. I also have found an area where a hunter could kill a good buck with a bow, not often done in Sonora. That being said I have seen some sheds from the ranches in Chihuahua and some monsters are there, just have to be patient and look for them and most hunters shoot early. I also have some great Coues hunts in both areas, and the record book will say Sonora, but Chihuahua is highly overlooked for this deer. My best bucks have come from Chihuahua. E:mail me if anyone is interested in joining me down and trying this hunt, great hunting adventure.