Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Sonora Desert Mulies???

Old 02-12-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Sonora Desert Mulies???

Anyone been for em?

My brother and I have been kicking around the idea of another hunt out west (went muzzleloadin elk in NM in 98 and lopes/mulies in WY in 04) and I have kinda been thinkin about MONSTER MULIES. The guide/outfitter we used in NM was Mick Chappel of New Mexico Trophy Hunting Inc and he has about 200k acres under lease in the Sonora Desert area in old Mexico. They kills some mulies and that is what I am considering. I was just wondering if anyone in here had actully been down there to old Mexico chasin these whitefaced desert runners? We killed decent mulies in WY but the emphasis of the hunt was big lopes and that is what we got. I would like a high 20ers or 30" mulies and the Sonora is one area known for that.

Just wonderin,
RA
Old 02-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sonora Desert Mulies???

I suggest that you check out this site, it is the best forum for mule deer hunting I know.
www.monstermuleys.com
You will surely find some good info and list of outfitters there.
Good luck!