Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Anyone close to Sonora Texas ??? >

Anyone close to Sonora Texas ???

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone close to Sonora Texas ???

Old 03-10-2003, 06:53 PM
VP

Default Anyone close to Sonora Texas ???

I' ve got a trip planned to Sonora Tx to hunt Rios on April 10- Just wondering if anyone is around that area that can give me feedback on gobblin activity and how and forcasts as time gets closer. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:47 AM

Default RE: Anyone close to Sonora Texas ???

I live in Sonora texas. I went out to the ranch today and saw alot of activity. The gobblers are struttin, and April 10 is the second weekend so you still aught to have plenty of activity. I/m not sure what the weather will be like then but you can expect it to be fairly warm. We are sure to have a good year, I have seen countless amounts of mature toms this year. By the way, what ranch are you going to be hunting on?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:21 AM
VP

Hey , Thanks for responding SlateCall.
I' m really pumped about this trip. I' ve been thinking about this thing since we planned it last yr. I' ve never been outa state turkey hunting and this thing just fell in my lap and I couldnt pass it up. The way the rancher is talking, he' s got about 10,000 acres total to hunt and only has 2-3 turkey hunting trips in there each year. Says he been seeing birds by the hundreds, I cant grasp that in my mind!In La it takes 3 seasons to see 100 birds. The ranchers last name is Cole , he supposedly owns several ranchs in that area- If you dont mind, I might give you a kickback on opening weekend and see what things are looking like over there. Are you planning a hunt opening day ?

" May yur beards be long and yur Spurs Sharp"
ComeON!
Old 03-12-2003, 06:44 PM

Yes, I am planning to hunt on opening weekend. Just ask for any info and I would be glad to give it to you. It is pretty amazing to see turkeys by the hundreds. Just this morning I saw over 40 longbeards. The gobblers are really fired up right now and it is great. This year is going to be a great one.