Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 ??? for all you bear baiters from a newbie >

??? for all you bear baiters from a newbie

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

??? for all you bear baiters from a newbie

Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default ??? for all you bear baiters from a newbie

We put our bait in last week and we still havent had a hit on it. It is on the snowy side of the mountain. Should be bite the bullet and move the bait to the top of the mountain and find some open ground or let it ride and see what happens. It should be in a good area, there has been now human presense up there exept me and my buddies gettting the bait in and there are no roads anywhere close to it. we are about 300 feet or so away from a creek so there is water around. I dont know what else to do. I am looking to you alls experties to put my mind at ease or get me to move it. thanks for the info and help.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ??? for all you bear baiters from a newbie

Mac, its all in the advertisement...

Get yourself a mesh laundry sack, and fill it full of sardines and talapia fish from the grocery store. Drench the sack in liquid smoke also. Hang it in a sapling to get the stink out in the air.

Next, get you some kitchen grease and pour it around the bait, I use 30-40 gallons.

When the bears come in because of the odor, they will walk through the grease and track it off for others to trail it in....

For more in depth tactics, check out the magazine link on my website. Gage gives some awesome tips!!! www.elkcrazyoutdoors.com
Old 05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ??? for all you bear baiters from a newbie

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Mac, its all in the advertisement...

Get yourself a mesh laundry sack, and fill it full of sardines and talapia fish from the grocery store. Drench the sack in liquid smoke also. Hang it in a sapling to get the stink out in the air.

Next, get you some kitchen grease and pour it around the bait, I use 30-40 gallons.

When the bears come in because of the odor, they will walk through the grease and track it off for others to trail it in....

For more in depth tactics, check out the magazine link on my website. Gage gives some awesome tips!!! www.elkcrazyoutdoors.com
Well said Elk!!