Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Advice needed on an elk hunt....... >

Advice needed on an elk hunt.......

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Advice needed on an elk hunt.......

Old 02-20-2003, 09:31 AM

Default Advice needed on an elk hunt.......

Ok guys, I need some advice on an elk hunt. Here is what I know right now. I plan to use archery equipment. I want to go in early to mid September. I want to spend any where from 1000-2000 dollars (for everything). I know this won’t get much. I know an outfitter is probably out of the question. I would consider a drop camp from a reputable outfitter. Or would even rough it and pack in with a rented horse. Any help with reputable outfitter selection for a drop camp would be appreciated. Location is not set in stone either. Any help there would be appreciated.

I have been on one elk hunt in the past. I know how physically demanding it is. It was in Colorado and we rented horses and packed in ourselves. I know the work involved with that. It was a Muzzleloader hunt.

I live in Arkansas. Would any of you be interested in swapping an elk hunt for an Ozark Mountain turkey hunt, Arkansas Delta Waterfowl hunt, whitetail deer bowhunt, or even an Ozark Mountain Lake/River Striper/bass/trout fishing trip. All completely guided in excellent locations. If so let’s talk. I am an avid bowhunter at heart and would love any opportunity
Old 02-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice needed on an elk hunt.......

I know of a private ranch in Colorado near Glenwood Springs that would be a good option for a tresspass hunt. I have hunted it 4 different times with a muzzleloader and taken 2 elk. The other years I was into elk almost every day. They provide a very nice cabin and the ranch is pretty accessable by 4x4 and 4 wheelers. I think they charge $1200 for gun hunting, don' t know about bow. I would recommend the last week of the season. Every muzzleloading season, they are really getting cranked up good just about the time we leave.

Email me if interested and I will give you their name. I suspect they would want at least 2 guys to be worth it to them.