Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Looking for rubber slugs/buck shot for bear control >

Looking for rubber slugs/buck shot for bear control

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for rubber slugs/buck shot for bear control

Old 01-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking for rubber slugs/buck shot for bear control

Does anyone know where to buy rubber slugs and buck shot loads for bear control. Trying to get ahold of some before this spring for the summer. Will be commercial salmon fishing in Alaska again and my boss asked if I could find some due to increase # of black bears that come into camp and break stuff/rip coolers apart and get into stuff. Also he has two young girls out their nwo for part of the season and doesnt like the bears being so bold when his wife and kids are around. The bb gun and shooting slugs over their head just doesnt work anymore, haha, they run off and come back within a day. Chasin 3 bears out of camp was becoming a daily game. It was fun but not fun cleaning the mess up and dealing with broken stuff. Thanks for any help. WCL
Old 01-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Spike

Default RE: Looking for rubber slugs/buck shot for bear control

I never heard of rubber slugs maybe you could try paint balls those suckers sting.
Bear
Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buckeye Hunter

I never heard of rubber slugs maybe you could try paint balls those suckers sting.
Bear
Its what animal control officers and crowd control officers use. They use them when a bear is caught in town or is coming in town and they pepper em with the rubber bullets when they come to town or are released from the trap to give em a sense that humans are bad and they dont come back usually. They even havebubber rifle bullets too that Ive seen em use on polar bears inAK when they come into town.Beleive me these things hurt alot more than a paint ball plus I dont have a paint ball gun and not gonna buy one either.They will drop a guy standing instantly, Ive seen em used in cops shows before and boy those people are hurtin. Haha, I love the graphic buckeye. WCL
Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Spike

I've heard of the rubber bullets for the police but didnt know about the other applications.
Well I hope you get some help finding them here,would hate to hear something bad happend to those girls this summer.Good Luck
Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might just load my own up if I cant find where to get any with the shotshell reloader cuz I think they need a wad anyways so it dont burn rubber in your barrel..... O we got real slugs just incase but we wont use them unless itcomes down to it. I just chased em down the beaches and shot em with bb guns, lol, it was a blast for entertainment. I got within about 10 feet of one by accident and kinda spooked me. I chased it around a corner and for some reason it stopped and when i rounded the corner..... o boy there he was but he bolted like no other and I shot him in the butt, haha. My boss thought I was nutz but I don't mind the blackies as long as there isnt any cubs. WCL
Old 01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Ask and you shall receive:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/lessleth_caii.htm
Old 01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perfect!!! Thanks alot. WCL