Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Primos video's

Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Primos video's

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of anything that they would like to see new or different on the hunting or calling video's.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Primos video's

There is a video out there called "Two weeks in Purgatory." It is produced by On Foot Films. It is a video of Jason and Joe, two brothers, who set up their own camp and bow hunt elk on foot, catch crawdads and rattlesnakes for dinner etc. It is a real down to earth video and my personal favorite. I like primos and I think they are a fun bunch, but their videos are all pretty much the same, call up sequences over and over. A western big game hunt is so much morre than that. It is the setting up of camp, bathing in a mountain stream, watching the sunset over the peeks, the various wildlife that one sees, the smell of the high country pine etc. All the videos produced are about calling up elk, and leave the viewer with no real sense of time and place, no real feel for the hunt. I like to see the horses and manty packs being loaded, the wipeouts on the way to camp, the camp being set up, and the failures and frustration that go along with a hunt. The overwhelming majority of videos fail in that reguard. I would encourage all to google "On Foot Films" and order Two Weeks in Purgatory" to see what a real western hunt is about. You feel like your right there with those boys in camp.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks muley699 that is what I'm looking for. I have watched both of their video's and can't wait for the one this year. I live real close to Jason and he is a great guy. I would love to do a hunt in the area they go. I stick with the Oregon coast range though.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 AM

Yeah, I got "Return to Purgatory" a few months ago. I didn't know they had a third one coming out, i will get as soon as it hits the shelf. i have emailed back and forth a little with jason, seems like a great fella.