Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos video's

Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Primos video's

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of anything that they would like to see new or different on the hunting or calling video's.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Primos video's

I would like to see an average person do the calling for the pros and let that be shown on hunting episodes. Let the pros hunt the same ground as we all do. I would love to have a pro come stay in Indiana and hunt the ground I have to hunt. That meaning some private and some public. Lets just see how hard it is to hunt some of the public ground. Lets see more episodes on how the turkeys are in the wild, dusting bowls, scratchings, roost trees and what to look for etc...
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

the only thing i would like to see is some public land hunting......not to say hunting private land with turkeys is easier, because really all it does is increase the number of birds you can hunt...i think some of them are still call shy and could be just as hard to hunt...but the sheer number of birds available to hunt compared to public land makes it easier........

i will say i really like there turkey hunting videos...watching them and a few other videos has taught me almost everything i know, minus what i learned in the field, so i highly recommend them.....
Old 01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes more real turkey hunting on public land... You know the birds they hunt are tame when they have the camera set up behind the hunter and you can see the hunter and bird at the same time and the hunters moving around and the turkey doesen't pay any mind
Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

They're entertainment to a mass market. Period. You want the real action get out and hunt. Take 'em for what they are and no need to slam them. I've seen a few that say the hunt is on public land. I have seen first hand in person the filming on wild, public land birds by one of these production companies and another smaller independent. It ain't easy.

Anyone who thinks there a far better turkey hunter than Will, Chris, Dean or any other "pro" turkey hunter go get your camcorder and try to get 3 1/2 hours of footage equivalent to what they have each year. Ya the picture quality might not be as good because they have expensive fancy a$$ cameras. Just try and get the footage. i.e. bird in frame and in focus, kill shot on film without jumping the camera etc.

Now there is a whole in the market for more instructional DVD's. Clearly they have a much bigger bang for thier buck by producing "kill" videos but there ain't too many full instructional videos out there.

There it is. If you are that good there is a market opportunity. Someone with superior hunting skills should put together one. Come on, any takers.....[8D]
Old 01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant believe you said thatThose guys are hunting some of the BEST turkey hunt property that money can buy... Those guys prob get two seasons worth of footage in one season...

You definetly don't have a clue
Old 01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

apparently the general public doesn't care about the qualms most of us have with them because they still sell alot more videos than we could ever think about. and I know they make more money than me.

Yes a video that is more instructional would be nice. but none of us that want them have the money to produce one of the quality it would take to market it. oh well just keep wishing i guess.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

I cant believe you said thatThose guys are hunting some of the BEST turkey hunt property that money can buy... Those guys prob get two seasons worth of footage in one season...

You definetly don't have a clue
i don't know for a fact if what you say is true, but i will say they do hunt private property...obviously...but i don't think just because u hunt private means easy turkey...well atleast not easy with a bow
Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 PM

An instructional DVD would be nice. But, tell Will that more children DVD's is where it is. No one has ever put together a DVD of Kids hunting. I tried to start a company last year doing just that and let me tell you getting footage is harder than it looks. When you have two to three people sitting there trying to all be still and call....let me tell you you bump a lot of birds in the beginning. A good blind goes a long way. Public hunting is great, too. I have seen a couple of videos where guys hunted public ground and they showed just how hard it was and how far they had to go to get away from everyone else.

Our problem here in Tennessee and other states I have hunted in seems to be the same. The hunters are getting older and the youngsters are not interested. What is needed is more of us taking those young ones out. I can tell you I have two young men at home that would rather hunt than do anything else. Get them out of the living room, bedroom or off the games and in to the woods.