Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Cow elk Hunt

Old 07-25-2007, 07:03 PM

Default RE: DIY Cow elk Hunt

ORIGINAL: tacogrande

I hunt our family ranch that lies off the bottom of elk mountain out in the dessert away from the forest but there are the mountain elk and dessert elk that live out there. We have over 60,000 acres of our ranch in area 125 so we find elk somewhere. I don't do tents or horses. We stay at the ranch in campers or in town at hotels. I am just starting this year as professional outfitter so I don't have luxuries yet but we got elk, thats the main thing although we are one less today because it got hit on the interstate 400 yards from my house[:@]. Nice 5x5 maybe been a 6x6. Have your client write me on here or
[email protected]

Thanks
What kind of fees you have there? Are the tags OTC or draw still available for any left overs??
Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Default RE: DIY Cow elk Hunt

The second draw deadline just ended the 20th. There may still be tags left for after that though. Will have to wait and see on Aug 8 or 7. Then they are available to buy at cheyenne head quarters or the internet. I charge $3000 1x1, $2750 1x2, $2500 1x3 for bulls or $1250 for cows. I am pretty booked up for bulls. I may be able to fit room in on stand by if you are able to come out with a few days notice and buy a tag on your way out at end of season. I can do cow hunts still though.

Pm me if interested or want more info.

I can try and help with what ever other questions you all might have about WY. If I know I'll let you know.
Josh
Peterson Outfitters