Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Cow elk Hunt

Old 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM

Default RE: DIY Cow elk Hunt

Wyoming first draw deadlines did pass but there are still tags available over the counter. I am an outfitter in a very private area and the tags never fully sell out and are available in the leftover draw and over the counter for bull or cow. Pm if interested, I do guided hunts and tresspass hunts.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 PM

if you are a guide then you know that a nonresident has to draw thier tag, not a OTC.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: manboy

if you are a guide then you know that a nonresident has to draw thier tag, not a OTC.
Thanks will look into the draw of leftovers there in WY....
Old 06-27-2007, 05:53 PM

No Manboy you are a little wrong. If there are tags left over from the first and leftover drawing anybody can go and purchase them over the counter at the cheyenne office. I can even go andf purchase them for you as an outfitter. You still need to pay the non res price but you can go and buy them, not all areas sell out of tags. If you want to hunt elk and get a tag just ask me, I do know a little bit about it.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Savetheweb,

If you decide on CO GMU 25/26 for a cow hunt, PM me as I hunted that last year as a solo DYI. Didn't tag a cow, but I had a great time and learned alot. When everyone says get in shape, listen, 'cause it's true. I'll probably be heading back that way again this year or I might try the WY Bighorns with a leftover cow tag (like these yahoos are talking about).

Bugs

Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bugs11

Savetheweb,

If you decide on CO GMU 25/26 for a cow hunt, PM me as I hunted that last year as a solo DYI. Didn't tag a cow, but I had a great time and learned alot. When everyone says get in shape, listen, 'cause it's true. I'll probably be heading back that way again this year or I might try the WY Bighorns with a leftover cow tag (like these yahoos are talking about).

Bugs

Thanks sent you PM there...
Old 07-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tacogrande

Wyoming first draw deadlines did pass but there are still tags available over the counter. I am an outfitter in a very private area and the tags never fully sell out and are available in the leftover draw and over the counter for bull or cow. Pm if interested, I do guided hunts and tresspass hunts.
Hello tacogrande, Where do you guide and would you happen to know what areas have the leftover tags or where I could look to find out?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM

I guide in area 125 near elk mountain. Family has a good size cattle ranch there and we get more and more elk every year. The wy game and fish website has results of first draw and should have what tags are leftover. 125 has never sold out of tags even at the end of the season. The additional cow tags sell out which are cheaper but the full price cow or any elk tags have always been left. Check this for left over tags. We have 110 any elk tags left.

http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/hunting/license/leftover/index.asp
Old 07-07-2007, 04:47 PM

taco,
your right about buying tags AFTER all draws are done. just as antelope and deer, i was saying they couldn't just buy a tag now. they have to wait as everyone else until aug. 15th. didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, just most of the guide's i ever new didn't have a clue.
what is the harvest % in your area? if there are bull tags left i have a client who didn't draw his area that might be interested. do you do horse back, or outfitter tents. how far into the wilderness is it? any info would help.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:34 PM

I hunt our family ranch that lies off the bottom of elk mountain out in the dessert away from the forest but there are the mountain elk and dessert elk that live out there. We have over 60,000 acres of our ranch in area 125 so we find elk somewhere. I don't do tents or horses. We stay at the ranch in campers or in town at hotels. I am just starting this year as professional outfitter so I don't have luxuries yet but we got elk, thats the main thing although we are one less today because it got hit on the interstate 400 yards from my house[:@]. Nice 5x5 maybe been a 6x6. Have your client write me on here or
[email protected]

Thanks

Quick Reply: DIY Cow elk Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.