Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Prarie Ghost camo

Old 03-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Prarie Ghost camo

anyone ever use prarie ghost camo. I jsut found they're website and it looks like a really good camo, what do you guys think

http://www.ghostcamo.com/
Old 03-30-2007, 04:41 PM

Default RE: Prarie Ghost camo

I have used it in the open country for antelope. It does a good job blending in with the sage where most other patterns would be too dark. I wouldn't use it for the woods though, because it is apretty light pattern. Ridge Ghost is another pattern of theirsthat I like to usefor elk in the high country.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:29 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I use ASAT year round from MI to CO. If the same colors work for wildlife why not for a hunter.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It works good,I wear the pattern in the timber to the river bottoms.It blends pretty well into about anything if there is any kind of grass or gound cover.
BBJ
Old 04-02-2007, 07:21 PM

I have used the Ghost Camo in the past while hunting and while the pattern is truly excellent. I used the camo in 2005 and at that time the quality of the gear was less then adequate for 18 days of chasing bulls in the Idaho mountains. The pockets ripped out, the zippers were poor and the gear was just not what I thought it would be. I burned through two pairs of pants, a shirt and and the pocket on the jacket ripped off.

This year I switched to Sitkagear and I don't think I will ever switch camo again. The quality of the gear is some of the best I have ever used and I really used the heck out of it this year. It is much more expensive then the Ghost camo but if you are going to hunt year after year, it is worth every penny. I hunted in temps from 60 degrees down to 0 in 15 days and I was warm and comfortable and had a freedom of movement that allowed me to climb and move like I wanted.

If Ghost changes there gear, I did like the pattern but the quality needs to be great too!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Sitka doesn't seem to have a full enough pattern, IMO.