Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Doeas anyone else have a problem with baiting? >

Doeas anyone else have a problem with baiting?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Doeas anyone else have a problem with baiting?

Old 03-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Doeas anyone else have a problem with baiting?

Lol Kamp I was referring to the original posts not meaning your name when I said master. I think it is plain stupid to down grade another hunters methods when we have so many obstacles in our paths.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 PM

The only problem with bear baiting up here is that I'm only legally allowed three black bears over bait.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Many people think that baiting bears is simply a matter of taking some bait into the bush and just dropping it anywhere and then the bears will come running.If you think baiting bears is really that easy,try running string of baits for a spring.It takes a lot of time and effort to find and prepare suitable bait sites,and to check them and restock them every night.The actual kill is not usually a big challenge,but recognize the amount of work that a successful baiting operation entails before condemning the practise.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Many people think that baiting bears is simply a matter of taking some bait into the bush and just dropping it anywhere and then the bears will come running.If you think baiting bears is really that easy,try running string of baits for a spring.It takes a lot of time and effort to find and prepare suitable bait sites,and to check them and restock them every night.The actual kill is not usually a big challenge,but recognize the amount of work that a successful baiting operation entails before condemning the practise.
amen!!!