Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Most Humiliating Hunting Experience >

Most Humiliating Hunting Experience

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Most Humiliating Hunting Experience

Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 PM

Default RE: Most Humiliating Hunting Experience

Ha ha ha that is quality. Man that is some funny stuff. you made my day shatodavis
Old 02-01-2007, 06:43 PM

I missed a 70 yard shot with my .270 on which would have been my first elk[:@](cow) that was standing in the middle of an old road, double[:@], so don't feel to bad.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shato,
Man that brings back some funny stuff.LOL
Kinda of the same deal,Me and my pa were headed up to Troy MT to go hunting up on the Kootnie with my Uncle.We left after Thanksgiving dinner heading down HWY 200 Greatfalls To Missoula.About 10 miles out of Linchon MT my dad makes a bee-line to the shoulder of the road.He bails out with a roll of TP in hand.He comes around on the passenger side of the truck and is squating against the back tire.Well a light bulb gose off oi in my head.I jump over to the driver side and put the truck in first gear and start creeping forward.The look on my dads face was priceless when he was fancy shuffling his feet trying to keep up with the truck,pants around his ankles and all his glory hanging out.As I'm typing this I still laughing.
Good time,Good times.
BBJ
Old 02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Great story! It's always comforting to know our crack law enforcement officers are keeping "criminals" like you on a short leash!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:49 PM

heres a story thatkinda made me humiliated, but also pi$$ed off. about 6 years ago i was hunting this logging cut block for moose, i saw moose in there like crazy, but was waiting for the legal one to wander through. i was hunting the same block for about two weeks morning and night, and i noticed that no one else was hunitng the same block cause everytime i would get there, there was only my vehicle tracks still in the mud, and also the trail was a little greasy looking. anyways so i go in and get there an hour before light and i am sitting there calling moose while watching the ridge where i have seem them almost every day.the light starts to come up and i am still calling, no moose, about another hour goes by, did some more calling and nothing, so the ridge i was watching has a big face to it and at the bottom is a gully but i cant see the gully, so i figure i have been here for about 3 hours calling and watching and havent seen nothing, i am going to walk over to look down the gully. as i start walking to the gully i look up and behind this little bush about 200 yrd away almost near the top of the ridge i see this thing waving, i look through my binocs and here is some guy, he has been sitting there the whole time listening to me call, and now i know why there wasnt any moose that day cause they probably could smell him sitting there on the ground.

anyways i was kinda humiliated cause allthough my moose call isnt pro sounding, it is effective, i wonder if that guy thought i sounded like a dead horse calling or something. and of course i was upset cause he was in the same spot huntin as i was, but oh well, he has every right to hunt there as i do, but you guys know how it is when you see someone hunting in your secret spot. in the end i ended up taking a moose there about a week later. hope you like my story.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Ha Ha great story
Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 PM

I got a bunch of humiliating hunting stories but this one is a Humiliating Guiding story.

This year I am guiding out in Idaho with two great friends Dennis who is about 50 and and Brandon who is about 17. Both of these two are filled with more wit then any human beings should be allowed to have! So I am walking up the trail on Pole Mountain and cruising up the hill and every time I come upon a track I point it out. Elk Track, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Coyote.. etc.. And then we come by piles of horse manure and then elk manure and then deer manure and then coyote manure and I keep pointing it out so that they can learn what it is... Sure enough here comes Dennis...

"Hey Brandon, Kevin sure does know his S&*(!" and that started off the two of them for the rest of the day!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Me and a buddy were duck hunting a flooded field in Arkansas. The water was probably 8 inches deep. We were smack dab in the middle of the field when my buddy looks at me with that "I gotta go now" look. He said he couldn't make it to the ditch on the edge of the field. So he walks down wind about 80 yards and commences doing his business. He has peeled his waders and pants down to around his knees, and I was looking the other direction, and after a gust of wind I hear a splash. I look up to see two bent legs sticking up in the air and a muddy bare ***. He jumped out of the water as fast as was humanly possible and madea beeline for the truck. We ended that hunt early but for me it was well worth the laughs.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

Camelcluch was kind enough to 'spot' for me when I drew RFW antelope tag for a nearby ranch. On each antelope I saw saw I guessed the range, then he told me what it really was. 300 yrds guessed was usuallly 450on the rangefinder. SO next fall IWILL have a range finder even if I dont draw a tag. No shame in your missing asover two days I also fired at least a dozen misses.I then suspected my scope was off, as my shooting usually isnt THAT bad.A week or so after the hunt I benched my rifle inmy shop and it was off two inchesright on paper when I boresighted it. So I was missing left by 4" at least. The elev was ok. How it got so far off I dont know as I shot it several weeks before on a 100 yrd range.

Oh well, theres always next season...