Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Possible New Record Bear (pics) >

Possible New Record Bear (pics)

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Possible New Record Bear (pics)

Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The whole story

Hmm, firstthread I've seen come alongin a long whilethatwarranted a response.

First, what a great little trooper that young lady is.... definitely thinks and acts "outside the box."

Second, she's using a 375 H&H.... two quick shots from prone (not easy).... the"recoil sensitive crowd" is conspicuouslyabsent on this one... the silence is kindadeafening.... [Yeah I know, attackher use of a muzzlebrake and shoulder pad, etc. etc......] (I'm sure mom and dad can afford the "game ears" --- just using modern technology to get the job done.)

Third....
"....Her trophy brown bear now puts her in an elite class...."
The last time that kind of phraseology was used on thisforum so manyhunters got their panties in such a knot over the impliedissues of "where you hunt---what you hunt/class warfare/social equality" that they could hardly see straight.

Ido agree with the above.... ah, er, argh, uhmm, gasp.... (chuckle) "quote" though.

What a great little gal, I'd say she's definitely got some temperto her steel.... the "right stuff." Ienjoyed her "30 yards.... Jurassic Park" comment. Seemingly genuine andmature and capable beyond her years.
Cool parents too, someone had some goals and a refusal to be relegated to the usual "conventional/provincial" thinking.

Thanks BuchHunter14, bearhuntr,and Montana Bob, your posts made my day.

EKM
Old 01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

She has lived many dreams. Quite a little hunter!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just great now I'm jealous of a child! Aww hell now I have a adolecent female hero! She made a ethical shot sounds like...2 shots 2 hits!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Possible New Record Bear (pics)

Wow! This girl puts the HNI bear hunters to shame!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

NICE to see someone introducing the outdoors to our youth. I'm taking my son on his first turkey hunt in a couple of months.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that is a monster.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM

NICE JOB.....that just plain awesome!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Well,

I'm going to buck the trend here. I think its total BS! I don't think that a 8-10 YO has the mental capability to make an informed decision in this instance. There is no way that young lady knew the inherient dangers involved with that hunt. I would say that those parents are totally wrong for taking her on that kind of hunt. I think it would be a sad day if that sweet little girl was charged and injured because her folks thought it would be cool if their daughter hunted Brown Bears.

There is a reason why kids can't drink alchohol, smoke cigarettes, drive cars, vote etc.. I have a 8 yo and I can guarantee you that the fear never even enters his mind. He doesn't have the years of knowledge to form the proper state of mind. I think that this is border line child endangerment.

I am super happy that she killed the bear and nothing dangerous happened. But, I doubt that she even fully understands how big of a thing she did.

And another thing, What does she have to look forward too? When you start at the top there is no where to go but down.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

THAT IS AWSOME!!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

That little girls name is Fern... She is one heck of a shot! Her Dad takes great pride in his daughters... Fern also took a 39 inch DallRam the year before this.. Larry showed me the pictures of Fern and her bear..You should have seen the smile on his face... I'll always remember it.. Good Job Fern... I hope I get a bigger one in September..

Jerseyjoe

Quick Reply: Possible New Record Bear (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.