HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Possible New Record Bear (pics)
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Possible New Record Bear (pics)

Well,

I'm going to buck the trend here. I think its total BS! I don't think that a 8-10 YO has the mental capability to make an informed decision in this instance. There is no way that young lady knew the inherient dangers involved with that hunt. I would say that those parents are totally wrong for taking her on that kind of hunt. I think it would be a sad day if that sweet little girl was charged and injured because her folks thought it would be cool if their daughter hunted Brown Bears.

There is a reason why kids can't drink alchohol, smoke cigarettes, drive cars, vote etc.. I have a 8 yo and I can guarantee you that the fear never even enters his mind. He doesn't have the years of knowledge to form the proper state of mind. I think that this is border line child endangerment.

I am super happy that she killed the bear and nothing dangerous happened. But, I doubt that she even fully understands how big of a thing she did.

And another thing, What does she have to look forward too? When you start at the top there is no where to go but down.