Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treestand vs Ground Blind >

Treestand vs Ground Blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand vs Ground Blind

Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Treestand vs Ground Blind

Now i have a ground blind and i love the concealment and the way you can move with out beingseen but i wanted a little more of a view for deer hunting cause i will always use my blind for turkeys. I was wondering which one you guys liked better and why? And also which one of them is your favorite? Pics too would help!

Thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Treestand vs Ground Blind

I have always liked a treestand. We usually build box stands and I love them. Are you comparing enclosed treestands and blinds or non enclosed and blinds?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM

I'll cut straight to the honest truth here.

I like my tree stand better and have more success using this form of hunting. Why?

I am afraid of heights and in the deer stand I can't fall asleep. I am too afraidI will fall out. (even wearing a safetyharness)

Within 20 minutes in a ground blind...I am dead asleep. Happens every year!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

HAHAHAHAHA thats good............well at least your honest!

I am comparing non enclosed and blinds.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

I prefer the treestand for better visibility but it limits your movement as you don't want to get busted . If you are on the ground , it is easier to get shot at by some dumba$$ than when in a treestand .
Old 05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt both and have found when I make homemade blinds out of sticks and stuff, I do better then hunting out of my bought blind. I havecovered it good with sticks and leaves but they sometimes will notice if there is any glare. I love to hunt out of my Summit viper climbing stand.You cansee iton Cabelas.With stand hunting, youcan see better and the higher you get from the ground the less likely to be seen or smelt.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:53 PM

I prefer ground blinds. I like making my own, either out of natural stuff or using some artificle junk (a volleyball net and some sticks can go a loooong way). However, Ed Mc. is right, there is a little bit of a saftey trade-off (not much of a trade-off really, stray bullet orfalling 15-20ft from a tree can both hurt or kill ya). The real trade is like he said: Visibility. Getting off the ground can let you see farther, and keep you out of the paths of most stray bullets. However, the ease of being able to "run and gun" or just change setups quickly with a ground setup is a great and thats what continues to keep me on the ground the majority of the time.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok now that you have me leaning towrds the treestands, what is a nice and cheap treestand. Nothing Special just something that will work.

And what do you use for the ladder?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

depends on what kinda tree stand... theres climbers which are portable an u move them where ever u fell like hunting..theres hang on's which they are still protable but once u hang it in the tree pretty much leave it there for a while to much of a pain to move everyother day... u can use climbing sticks , screw in steps to climb up the tree for a hang on.... or u can get a ladder stand...an if ur really felling froggy u can always build your own treestand out of lumber...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Treestands, treestands, treestands. Better visibility and better opportunity to see them coming in from farther away. Better chance to see more deer overall, and their movement. Also you can get away with moving more in a tree stand for better shooting angles and positions when the deer are in close IMO. Ground blinds are good in some situations no doubt, but I much rather hunt from a stand for general bow hunting situations. Honestly most deer have been very cautious and spooky when they see my ground blinds even from good distances, they keep a close eye on my blinds making any movement difficult, especially when several does/yearlings are feeding, then it seems like their is always at least 2 eyeballs on me at all times as they feed etc .... I dont put up myblinds out ahead of time for long though so the deer dont really get used to them, maybe thats the problem. I'll stick to treestands thnx.

Quick Reply: Treestand vs Ground Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.