Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Can I enter Canada?

Old 12-30-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Can I enter Canada?

I am planning on booking a moose hunt to BC, but before I put my deposit down I want to find out if I can get into Canada. I have a wreckless driving offense on my record, I did not lose my license. I have been trying to find out on there border customs web sites but can't find a definiteanswer. Does anyone have any experience with this? thanks.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can I enter Canada?

Were you arrested? That is what they usually ask. Not convicted but arrested. A DUI is considered a felony in canada and entry is not allowed. It depends on the situation associated with the wreckless driving charges.
Call canadian customs and find out for sure before you book the trip. If you book the trip and find out you can't go, I'd be more than happy to fill your tag.

Bobby
Old 12-30-2006, 10:15 AM

No, I was not arrested, but I did have to go to court. I believe it was considered a class III misdemeanor.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Our government has gone crazy with this criminal record stuff. Without going into long details I'll tell you this. I had a bear hunter who was convicted of assault and breaking and entering. In other words, he robbed a store and beat the guy up, when he was 19. He's been coming up here almost every year for the last 20. He is now 61 years old. Two years ago they refused him entry when they ran a criminal check at the border. Last year, two brothers that were convicted and spent 8 years in prison for attempted murder and armed robbery, they let them in. Like I said.....It's nuts!!!

The only way I can tell you to be 100% sure is to do this. Go to your local police dept.. Pay for and have them run a criminal check on you. Get a copy of it (and make several) then contact Canadian Immigration and Border Services and get the names of the people you talk to or badge numbers....fax them a copy of your criminal check and ask them to return to you information regarding your entry into this country. They can tell you within 5 minutes after seeing your criminal check, if you'll be allowed in or not. Or what you would have to do if you were not going to be allowed to. Above all, get all responses in writing. Word of mouth will do you no good at the border. I apologize for our screwed up laws.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:39 AM

I believe as long as you havent been convicted or arrestedyou should be fine but im not 100% certain but if i were you maybe try calling customs or maybe even a travel agent might be able to help you out with that.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with the issue but I will tell you this. There appears to be a time point where they don't get your record. I know a person who had 2 dui but they were in the 80's and his record is clean as far as the Canadian customs goes.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:19 PM

The only challanges we've encountered is on behalf of our clients whose infraction involved alcohol and driving. We've had to assist a few clients in applying for a Rehabilitation permit for DUI's and such.Other criminal infractions (misdemeanors) haven't been a problem.It's best to know well in advance what the possible challenges may be though.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:30 PM

hey 20GADBL, i live in BC,where aboutsare you planning on hunting in BC?

sorry i cant answer your question about entry into canada, all i know is what someone said ealier, they are nuts!

Old 12-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Just crossed into Alberta bout a month and a half ago North of Great Falls, MT.
They will run a background check. I have a very common name and was held up for 30 minutes even with my birth Certificate.
A passport will be required after the first of the year to enter or travel through Canada.
I have been through a few times shoot me a PM and Ican give you the heads up. I have a folder of documents that I carry to CMA.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:11 PM

I had no problem crossing earlier this year to new brunswick and had a oui back in 92, but to be safe just call the border crossing thats what i did

Quick Reply: Can I enter Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.