HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can I enter Canada?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 10:49 AM
DARKSIDE55
Fork Horn

Default RE: Can I enter Canada?

Our government has gone crazy with this criminal record stuff. Without going into long details I'll tell you this. I had a bear hunter who was convicted of assault and breaking and entering. In other words, he robbed a store and beat the guy up, when he was 19. He's been coming up here almost every year for the last 20. He is now 61 years old. Two years ago they refused him entry when they ran a criminal check at the border. Last year, two brothers that were convicted and spent 8 years in prison for attempted murder and armed robbery, they let them in. Like I said.....It's nuts!!!

The only way I can tell you to be 100% sure is to do this. Go to your local police dept.. Pay for and have them run a criminal check on you. Get a copy of it (and make several) then contact Canadian Immigration and Border Services and get the names of the people you talk to or badge numbers....fax them a copy of your criminal check and ask them to return to you information regarding your entry into this country. They can tell you within 5 minutes after seeing your criminal check, if you'll be allowed in or not. Or what you would have to do if you were not going to be allowed to. Above all, get all responses in writing. Word of mouth will do you no good at the border. I apologize for our screwed up laws.