Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunting

Old 12-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Elk Hunting

I was wondering where is the best place to do a FREE ranging elk hunt without having to draw a tag to hunt? Also wondering if anyone knows any good outfitters that i can look into.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elk Hunting

http://www.bullsandbucks.net/index.phpheard so good things about this place but check it out dont take my word
Old 01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

elkcreekoutfitting.com IN MONTANA I SAW IT ON THE HUNTING NET HOME PAGE MIGHT JUST WANNA CHECK IT OUT
Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 PM

[&:]
Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: live2hunt009

I was wondering where is the best place to do a FREE ranging elk hunt without having to draw a tag to hunt? Also wondering if anyone knows any good outfitters that i can look into.
I think Colorado is the only elk state where you can buy licenses over the counter . . . "No tag to draw".

Got no idea about an outfitter. Try some of the company's listewd in this web site. It's tough for one hunter to recommend an outfitter to another. First of all, he may have a completely different experience than you will. Due to forces outside anyones reach.Uncooperative weather, different guide, Not as many critters due to winter kill or early migration. Any number of reasons you may not have as good of an experience as another.
I suggest you search the web for Colo. outfitters and check out their references. They should be proud to if they are at all reputable. Where they guide and outfit is another aspect to research. No sense in using an outfitter in Jefferson County for instance, mostly Denver and suberbs.

Unless you are very new to any kind of big game hunting, a do-it-yourself hunt is very doable.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 PM

I think Colorado is the only elk state where you can buy licenses over the counter . . . "No tag to draw".
ahem. Idaho.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Really I did not know the still sold tag's over the counter in Idaho,thats good to hear.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho (some units) and Colorado (some units)
You can go through a Outfitter in Montana and pay the money for a Outfitter Sponsored tag wich is garunteed,but then you would have to pay for a guided hunt.
BBJ
Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 PM

Google "crow creek outfitters"

Mike Parsons is the owner/operator and he's a great guy. Tags are guaranteed through the outfitter in Montana, though they are pricey.

If that does trip your trigger and you don't mind a six point on one side rule (read: pass up 300+ class 5 x 5's) you can look into hunting British Columbia. I've been to BC twice with two nice 6 points to show for it. They scored (unofficially) 300 and 320 respectively. BC is a bitmore costly though.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
RMA
Fork Horn

Many units here in CO are OTC for archers. A very good outfitter near Pagosa Springs is Crazy Horse Outfitters. Ask for Willie and tell him we sent you. He's a GREAT guy!

Quick Reply: Elk Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.