HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Hunting
Thread: Elk Hunting
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM
game4lunch

Default RE: Elk Hunting

ORIGINAL: live2hunt009

I was wondering where is the best place to do a FREE ranging elk hunt without having to draw a tag to hunt? Also wondering if anyone knows any good outfitters that i can look into.
I think Colorado is the only elk state where you can buy licenses over the counter . . . "No tag to draw".

Got no idea about an outfitter. Try some of the company's listewd in this web site. It's tough for one hunter to recommend an outfitter to another. First of all, he may have a completely different experience than you will. Due to forces outside anyones reach.Uncooperative weather, different guide, Not as many critters due to winter kill or early migration. Any number of reasons you may not have as good of an experience as another.
I suggest you search the web for Colo. outfitters and check out their references. They should be proud to if they are at all reputable. Where they guide and outfit is another aspect to research. No sense in using an outfitter in Jefferson County for instance, mostly Denver and suberbs.

Unless you are very new to any kind of big game hunting, a do-it-yourself hunt is very doable.

Good luck.