Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Can you recommend an Ontario Black Bear Outfitter? >

Can you recommend an Ontario Black Bear Outfitter?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Can you recommend an Ontario Black Bear Outfitter?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Can you recommend an Ontario Black Bear Outfitter?

I and my 3 friends want to plan a Fall 2007 black bear hunt and the old outfitter we had used previously has retired. I cannot find any solid reviews of the Ontario based outfitters so could use some recommendations. We want it all inclusive (ie meals/lodging/fee's etc). Thanks!

Bob
Old 12-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Can you recommend an Ontario Black Bear Outfitter?

Ever thought about Saskatchewan?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Bear hunts$ 900.00 . But no meals HK only.

www.spruceshillingcamp.com

Old 12-20-2006, 08:52 AM

We are planning on driving up so Ontario/Quebec are the only 2 that are within a reasonable driving distance. Any others?

Bob
Old 12-24-2006, 06:48 AM

Hey dutchoven I can't recomend any but if you go to (huntontario.com) and go in the classifieds click on hunting a list of services will come up you might want to check that out.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Spike

The past two years I have hunted with "The Bear Camp" out of Armstrong ,Ontario . They set-up canvas wall tents in the wilderness with generators for power . Well run camp !!!!! Last fall my wife bow hunted with me and we both took P & Y size bears . Hers was 321 lbs andmine was 280 lbs. Hers measured 181/2and mine 18 3/4. They have 6 to 12 hunters per week and only three hunters did not take a bear . One who did not was there during our hunt and he did pass a bear looking for bigger. My first year I took a 200 lb bear. We are rebooked for this fall and have paid the deposit. the camp is ran by two brothers in their late forties who live to hunt and fish . They do not have a web site , just go by word of mouth. We caught numerous walleye in the area lakes and picked a few gallons of blueberries also . We bowhunt but they take rifle hunters too. Post if you want more info and I can look up their phone number too !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:57 PM

We hunted with Border Country Outtfitters out of Emo ON and had a great time. We went 4 out of 5 and the guy who diddn't score went home 2 days early. My sow went 305 lbs and the rest were between 265 and 305. The outfitters went 17 for 18 that year/ 2005. My brother went back this year 2006 and they were running close the the same %. Execellent well run family outfit. They have a website. We are booked in 2008.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Turnpike Ridge Outfitters out of ME.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Rob, we had a bad experience with Don (owner of Turnpike) a few years ago. He said we never told him we were archery hunting so he set us all up for rifle stands then got LIVID with us when we told him he was wrong and we were ALL archery hunting. He was a...well, he wasn't very nice to us the rest of the week. My brother hit a bear a little far back, like in the liver region and he ripped him up one side and down the other, calling him every thing but a white man. It was an honest mistake, sometimes it happens the bear was never found but that's not how you should treat customers. Every night our cabin made dinner and we always made extra for Don and his assistant. They always ate at our place, the assistant was always gracious, Don never even said thanks. He put us on bears but he has a major problem handling his temper when something goes wrong. I've heard plenty of good things about him but trust me, you won't want to deal with the not so nice side of him.