Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolves are getting braver!!! >

Wolves are getting braver!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves are getting braver!!!

Old 11-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves are getting braver!!!

I have seen two wolves in the last three years while hunting in north central Idaho,a buddy of mine had a wolf at 60 yards this year.A big son of a gun.The wolf I saw last year was at appx. 100 yards and he clearly saw me and wasn't concerned in the least.I am guessing that wolf was in excess of 150 pounds.They have far exceeded their intended population and aren't the original subspecies that was native to the area.It seems it is time to balance their numbers.All the locals we know suggest we SSS but I have a hard time getting past the potential $100,000 fine and federal offense thing!LOL.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

ya i hate wolves....they are trying to get the elk population in estas down and one optioin was to reintroduce wolves in colorado witch would be a horrid idea and anthor option is to hire proffesinol hunteres to kill them when people would pay to go in there and shoot them!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:25 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Madmax, they don't have to reintroduce them to Colorado from everything I've heard they are already there, I hunted elk on the Wyo/Col border and heard wolves howling at night and they tell me that they will follow the elk herd into Colorado for the winter.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tsoc

It seems it is time to balance their numbers.All the locals we know suggest we SSS but I have a hard time getting past the potential $100,000 fine and federal offense thing!LOL.
thats true but thats why they added the third S!

i would hope anybody who does shoot one would be smart enough NOT to shoot when there might be someone else around.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how I would make certain that I was the only one in the area that I was hunting,regardless of how off the beaten path I was.I am not willing to take that risk.