Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

grizzly caliber

Old 10-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: grizzly caliber

Lets not forget the 06 has way more bullet designs and weights than the magnums does....
Now you have really shown your ignorance.A 30-06 fires a .308" bullet.Guess what,so does a 300wsm,and a 300h&h mag,and a 308 norma mag,and a 300win mag,and a 300wby mag,and a 300ultramag,and a 30-378.So any bullet that can be fired in a 30-06 can also be fired in any of the the magnums mentioned.

You need to watch less huntingvideos and go out andget some actualexperience before spouting off on topics that you know nothing about.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Spike

I am confused.......

I can use the same bullet from my 308 in my 300 win mag!!!

Does that mean I can use the same bullet in my 50 cal black powder as my 50 cal bmg???????????

Best Fish and Game regulation quote "Ignorance is not an excuse" taken from the Alaska Game regulations...........

Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am confused.......

I can use the same bullet from my 308 in my 300 win mag!!!
Let's start with the basics.Do you know what a bullet is?
The bullet is only the projectile,it does not include a cartridge case,or a primer or gunpowder.

Does that mean I can use the same bullet in my 50 cal black powder as my 50 cal bmg???????????
The 50bmg uses a .510" bullet while most .50 cal black powder rifles use a .50" bullet.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Lets not forget the 06 has way more bullet designs and weights than the magnums does....
Now you have really shown your ignorance.A 30-06 fires a .308" bullet.Guess what,so does a 300wsm,and a 300h&h mag,and a 308 norma mag,and a 300win mag,and a 300wby mag,and a 300ultramag,and a 30-378.So any bullet that can be fired in a 30-06 can also be fired in any of the the magnums mentioned.

Factory loads,I don't think so..

You need to watch less huntingvideos and go out andget some actualexperience before spouting off on topics that you know nothing about.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now you have shown that you are even more ignorant than I thought assuming that everyone has to use factory loads.Anyone that is serious about getting the best performance from their rifle uses handloads.Obviously that doesn't include you.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Now you have shown that you are even more ignorant than I thought assuming that everyone has to use factory loads.Anyone that is serious about getting the best performance from their rifle uses handloads.Obviously that doesn't include you.
Well,you got that right about the ignorant when it comes to hand loads,thats for sure... I am sure they would give better performance out past a certain yrdage= to factory magnum rounds,would you agree on that???
Old 10-08-2006, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: MarineStud

what is the minimum(sp?) caliber for grizzly. I know shot placement is the most important thing but what is the recommended caliber. i've heard 30 cal and above but the 7mm has more foot pounds of energy than the 30-06, just wondering what every one though.
But back to this topic..Alaska wildlife management says that the minimum rifle for all alaskan wildlife is a 308... Go figure..
Old 10-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

The primary reason that most serious shooters handload is that it allows you to develop a load that shoots themost accurately in your gun.It also allows you to choose from a larger selection of bullet styles and weights.Of course it is also cheaper if you do a great deal of shooting.With some loads youmay gain significant velocity over a factory load,with other loads ,you may not.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:06 PM

If my dream to hunt an Alaska Brown Bear every comes true I'll Be using my .340 WBY with 250 gr NP. Just got to keep saving those pennies.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alaska wildlife management says that the minimum rifle for all alaskan wildlife is a 308
I just looked at the alaskan huntingregulations at the link below and I could not find a regulation specifying the minumum caliber for big gameas .308".In fact they do specify that you can use a .22 rimfire to take swimming caribou in two management units.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regulations/pdfs/general.pdf

How about posting the link where you found that information.

Quick Reply: grizzly caliber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.