Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits >

Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Spike

Default Re-sale of vouchers

Hey R.H., I'm a little confused. Of course, that is nothing new in my house, but that's another story. I was just reading some stuff on Colorado's website about the voucher system and then came across your post about reselling issued vouchers. So, here's a couple of regulations I came across - that upon first glance - appear to be a regulatory hurdle for you. Please comment and thanks.

If I give a voucher to someone, can they transfer (give/sell/etc) the voucher to someone else? No. Landowner vouchers may be transferred one time only, and shall only be transferred by the landowner to the hunter that will use the voucher to purchase the license.

If a voucher is transferred to a hunter, and the hunter cannot use the voucher, can the voucher be re-printed? No. Vouchers may be transferred once. After a voucher is transferred to the hunter, the voucher will NOT be re-printed; even if the voucher is not redeemed for a license.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion the voucher system in CO isn't a bad thing but it can be an abused thing. I get some kind of land owner vouchers almost every year. They fill in the years I do not draw my first choices...oddly CO does not require you use your land owner vouchers on only the land you own or even the land from which the provider owns.
In order to get vouchers you have to allow hunters requesting access to your land with valid licenses access at your discretion. But really evenings only...I cal bs on this thread.
If you get a voucher from the land owner until you fil out your information on the actual voucher its a blank check for hunting that land....done it for many years. Landowner will have already filled out his part.

Last edited by skb2706; 09-26-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:11 AM
Spike

The landowner voucher program in Colorado is a joke. A way for rich out of state hunters to buy tags in hard to draw areas. The landowner voucher should only be good for the private land the ranch is on, not the whole unit. I drew my muzzleloader tag in Unit 67 the old fashioned way with a 3 year wait and got a nice 5X5. And Howler, I beleive unit 67 has been a draw area since 1998.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:34 PM
RMA
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rhanc62
Goofy? You don't have to be THE landowner to posess the vouchers. Landowners with enough land apply for vouchers that they then sell to hunters. It is a souce of income for them. Yes, the unit is a draw only unit, however if you buy the voucher, you don't have to get your license through the draw. You can just go down to the DOW office or Walmart in Colorado and buy your licence, (around $499.00 for a nonresident) which would otherwise take a few years to draw. That is how I get a license in the same unit year after year, even when I don't draw.

These vouchers sell for as much as $1600.00 in this unit. I purchased them for $900 each for business (I am not an outfitter.) clients who hunt with me but can't come this year, so I'm going to sell them. They are fully transferrable.

If you are interested, email me at [email protected].
I sent you an email waiting for a response