Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk hunt in Idaho

Old 08-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default Elk hunt in Idaho

Any of you guys that have always wanted to try an elk hunt...here is your chance. We have a camp that is limited to ten people, and now have one opening. The camp is located in Idaho, and is in a general tag area. We are very selective in who is allowed into the camp, no drugs, drunks, or just plain lazy people. We all work around the camp, pitch in to do whatever is needed to ensure a good time for all, be it cleaning dishes or cutting wood. The lucky guy will enjoy an unbelievable hunting experience, at an even more unbelievable price. Note: This is NOT a business, we are just a group of friends, and the littlemoney paid goes to running the camp. You can contact me at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Old 08-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elk hunt in Idaho

There was a post last year that was very similar to this post. Are you the same group?

Old 08-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Spike

We could be the same group, as we had a guy not be able to come to camp last year, but I don't know if we ever tried to fill the opening. I really do not get on this site too often, and I am certain there are many groups of guys with hunting camps, so whoknows. With this much time before camp, we thought about seeing if anyone would be interested, hence the post.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Spike

Old 09-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

What unit are you hunting and when?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where is your camp at? What drainage? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Spike

Unit 19 10/13/06 thru 10/28/06
Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Frozen, I'm headed there on Wednesday for the early hunt, units 16a, 17, 19, and 20. Meadow fire might screw up some of the areas we were planning on trying, Magruder road is closed from Dixie east. Might have to try some areas in 19 so if you have any suggestions let me know.

Good luck this fall, I'm sure someone would love to camp with you guys. Should be tons of fun!!! If we find any shoot me an email and I'll tell you where we saw them.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Spike

Hey Power....if you go into 19, look for jumbo camp on the map, the ridges up high and to the south are fantastic for elk this time of year. Hunt the north face of the ground above deer lake, should be productive for a sticks and string guy. The area is GHW, so unless you have ponies, it is hike in hike out....Good luck!!! Let me know how you do.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Frozen, thanks man for the tips. With the big fire in the Red River drainage the Magruder road is closed right now so that cuts out hunting area almost in half due to the lack of roads in the area. Since we're going in without any guides or horses we'll need all the help we can get. I'm the young guy in the group at 38 (the others are 40's) so we'll be hiking a lot and driving a little to find them. Saw a lot of good area in 19 we'll be checking out. And, here's a tip for you and any other hunters out there. Use GoogleEarth (http://earth.google.com/) and download the Units for it from the Idaho F&W. It will give you free satilite imagry of the area, including the boundries and it's great to find all those hidden meadows and lakes and clear-cuts you won't see from driving around. I've got a bunch of spots to check out so it's really helped us, especially going to an area we've never hunted before.

Thanks again for the advice Frozen and I'll be sure to post any pictures when I get back.