Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

FOOTWEAR, CLOTHING, ETC.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 PM

Default FOOTWEAR, CLOTHING, ETC.

HEY EVERYONE I AM NEW TO TEH BEAR GAME WHAT TYPE OF FOOTWEAR SHOULD I USE? OUR SEASON IS USUALLY THE THIRD WEEK OF OCTOBER THE TEMPERATURES VARY DURING THIS TIME FROM THE 80'S ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE MID 30'S. I AM AN AVID DEER HUNTER AND A FEW OF MY BROWN GUYS UNDER MY BELT IF YOU WILL...
ANY HELP WITH GIVING ME POINTERS WOULD BE AWESOME. TAHNKS AND GOOD HUNTING
Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: FOOTWEAR, CLOTHING, ETC.

As always, buy the best gear you can afford. Thinsulate is a great insulator, and Gore-Tex will keep your tootsies dry all day long.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:57 AM

I HAVE ALL OF THE CAMPING STUFF CAUSE I HIKE A GOOD BIT, BUT THE THING IS WHAT ALL DO I NEED OR SHOULD I GET FOR THE TRIP, I WANTING TO KEEP THIS AS CLOSE TO 350-400 AS POSSIBLE. I NEED TO GET MORE SCENT-LOK BUT THAT WILL BE SOONER THAN I WILL BE GETTING MY STUFF FOR THIS HUNT.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never used scent lok or any of that stuff,it's called playing the wind.

As for gear I would use the same stuff that you use for deer hunting,dress in layers,good pair of broke in boots,a quality pair of binos and good ruck sack or back pack.Bring some rope and have a couple of sharp knives.I usaly wear a light coat thats water proof and wind proof.Two pair of socks,weight depending on weather.Have your gun/bow sighted in and have fun.
BBJ
Old 05-24-2006, 10:32 AM

THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN THAT SCENT LOK LITERALLY SAVED THE HUNT, I.E. THAT LIL FELLA ON UNDER MY SCREEN NAME... THE WEEK BEFORE I DROPPED HIM I WASN'T WEARING THE SCENT LOK SUIT AND I WAS PLAYING THE WIND AND I WAS STILL NOTICIED BUT THE FOLLOWING WEEK I SAT IN THE STAND ON THAT SAME SIDE OF THE FIELD WITH THE WIND TO MY BACK AND BLOWIUNG STRAIGHT TOWARDS THE PATH AND THE DEER CAME WITHIN 50 STEPS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY STAND AND HE NEVER EVEN NOTICIED. I LIVE BY THE STUFF!!!!!