Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Your Preferred Turkey Hunting Footwear?? >

Your Preferred Turkey Hunting Footwear??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Your Preferred Turkey Hunting Footwear??

Old 03-06-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Your Preferred Turkey Hunting Footwear??

What does everybody strap onto your feet when you head to the turkey woods in the spring? I have always worn olive green Lacrosse Burly rubber knee boots. Where I hunt, there is a sizeable creek that I always need to be on the other side of and it is always muddy in the creek bottoms during spring season, not to mention the heavy morning dews. The rubber knee boots do a good job of keeping my feet dry. What' s your preferred footwear??
Old 03-06-2003, 09:04 PM

Default RE: Your Preferred Turkey Hunting Footwear??

Rocky Slasher Snakeboots
Old 03-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually wear a nice comfortable pair of lightweight,waterproof boots.I' ll wear the ankle-fit boots occassionally but I run-and-gun alot and a good fitting lace-up boot is important for me.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

usually regular rocky' s , wolverines i think, but the bottom of my pants always get wet, then eventually my socks, so this year i am going with a new brand, Muck boots, which have the neoprene up to the knee..
Old 03-07-2003, 02:50 AM

I usually wear laceup leather boots . Goretex and insulated. If it turns warm I break out the lacrosse ankle fits.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:40 AM

9" rocky mossy oak ultra lights. Light, comfortable and waterproof. Sometimes I' ll wear my cabelas rubber snake boots if its very muddy and wet.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:12 AM

I love my La Crosse Burly' s. A little heavy, but comfortable and dry. I never know if I' ll need to cross the creek and if it' s been raining, and that' s pretty normal, there' s a few marshy areas that get kinda mushy.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:28 AM

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of Herman Survivor boots at Walmart for $50.00. I wasn' t expecting much more than a boot to wear doing yardwork in the spring and fall.Those things are so dang comfortable I wear them all the time hunting.I also wear the LaCrosse Burlys for wet weather.Has anyone bought LaCrosse boots since they started making them in China?[:@]
Old 03-07-2003, 05:21 AM

it is reeeeal wet where I hunt,some times over the knees. so I wear a pare of Coleman hiking shoes,(sorta like a pair of sneakers).
that way when I come out of the water,I just squat once and the water squirts out and I go on.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lacrosse " Brawney" camo, very light, warm and super dry.

Quick Reply: Your Preferred Turkey Hunting Footwear??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.